Wind deflectors... which ones?

I've used both, not on my T6 but on numerous other vehicles. I have never used the clips, even if supplied.

The only time I had one fall out was when mother-in-law was sitting in the back of the car, window open, warm summer day, and started wiggling the deflector around "to see what it was". I was not impressed . . . :mad:

Hi...
I'm currently looking into wind deflectors for my T6.1 ... I'm after Heko that goes into the window channel without the clips... any help would be greatly appreciated TIA....

@Dan johnson has a set for sale..
Otherwise as said above, there’s plenty of info on the forum - here’s another thread for when you finish this one:

One of my Heko drivers window deflectors shot off today whilst driving down the motorway and I saw it smash as it hit the ground. That'll be the third time the Heko ones have come loose.

I need to buy a new set of wind deflectors, but what are the best, snuggest fitting (without drilling) deflectors please?

Last edited:
One of my Heko drivers window deflectors shot off today whilst driving down the motorway and I saw it smash as it hit the ground. That'll be the third time the Heko ones have come loose.

I need to buy a new set of wind deflectors, but what are the best, snuggest fitting (without drilling) deflectors please?
I have had my Heko for about 6 months and they have both become unstuck in the corners. I got extra clips to put in place to hold it in but still drops, I am waiting for mine to fly off! wish there was a better way to secure them.

I have had my Heko for about 6 months and they have both become unstuck in the corners. I got extra clips to put in place to hold it in but still drops, I am waiting for mine to fly off! wish there was a better way to secure them.
Yes, that's what I did the last time one of them fell off (I was stationary at the time). Bought some more clips from Amazon. Fitted the extra clips, but that's my drivers side one come flying off today. Think I'll get some of those stick on OEM VW ones that @JumpShip has recommended. They're about £48 delivered. Will give them a go.

I fitted climair deflectors and still have the originals nearly 2 years on. Having covered lots of motorway miles between Bucks, Devon & Cornwall, for the sake of carefully drilling a 2 small holes in plastic (carefully) would recommend climair all day long.

without drilling though?
Why? Unless you want to take them off forever then it’s a non issue. Even then it’s a ‘huge’ 1mm hole than can easily be covered up. Fit, forget and leave on when you sell (they are 2/3rd the price of the naff stick on OEM ones so just buy new if you get another T6).

I have ClimAir and wasn’t worried about the tiny hole - biggest problem is having a drill bit small enough. If I ever took them off then a smear of black silicon would fill it and it’s so small you wouldn’t see it.
They’ve lasted years and deflect wind really well.
Only problem I have is a rattle both sides of the window is about an inch and a half open. It’s the windows themselves that are the problem - they flip about, not that you see it. But adding a hard plastic means you hear it. Not sure if other ClimAir users have this issue or if it’s common across all deflectors?
Combatted by either opening or closing the window a touch so not a major issue. Just an annoyance.

Back