- 204ps Bi-Turbo CXEB T6 Engine & Turbo problems -

I am sorry to hear everyone in this thread who's having problems with this engine. :-( I have noticed there's a facebook group of people made specifically to discuss this exact issue with CFCA/CXEB engines, it looks as though someone has recently created a petition against VW to address this issue as it's evidently a serious design flaw and VW seem to just turn a blind eye.

My engine is the 204ps DXMA version from a 2021 T6.1, so naturally this thread has me worried. Is this engine likely to host similar failure points? I can't seem to find much info about this engine, I don't know if it's because most vehicles with the engine are still under warranty therefore little info is posted online about potential problems, or whether the issues with this engine were resolved? Anyone have any further info on this?

it looks as though someone has recently created a petition against VW to address this issue as it's evidently a serious design flaw and VW seem to just turn a blind eye.
Let’s hope it works. Ford are inspecting and or replacing wet belts (as a recall I believe) in the 2.0 engine (and maybe others?) used in the transit. VW ought to do something as this failure rate is surely not normal?

I have a CXEB engine in my 2019 transporter, it's a sportline panel van, driven 90% of the time on the motorway, full VW service history and I have 160k miles on the clock. Had the egr delete done and now it runs smoother. Only thing I had go wrong is the inlet manifold swirl flaps needed replacing at 140k.
So the revision in 2019 to the CXEB engine has worked

Let’s hope it works. Ford are inspecting and or replacing wet belts (as a recall I believe) in the 2.0 engine (and maybe others?) used in the transit. VW ought to do something as this failure rate is surely not normal?
Last I heard Ford had altered the wet belt renewel down to 90k miles and prudent owners were getting it done at 80k for around 1300 quid

Last I heard Ford had altered the wet belt renewel down to 90k miles and prudent owners were getting it done at 80k for around 1300 quid
Same issue on the Ford 1.0 3 cyl eco boom though there has been a bit online about dealers now contributing to repairs concerning this engine. Fragments of the belt clog the oil strainer and tiny filter to the turbo and BOOM!

I have a CXEB engine in my 2019 transporter, it's a sportline panel van, driven 90% of the time on the motorway, full VW service history and I have 160k miles on the clock. Had the egr delete done and now it runs smoother. Only thing I had go wrong is the inlet manifold swirl flaps needed replacing at 140k.
So the revision in 2019 to the CXEB engine has worked
What do VW have to say about the EGR delete ?

@Dellmassive another one to be added to the list above !!!
New twin turbo for me, amongst other very exensive stuff...new inlet manifold with valves cleaned using walnut shells, there was so much carbon build up despite using premium fuel and regualr high revs motorway runs to try and avoid this.

There was no high oil useage though, jsut a rattling coming from the turbo, engine light on, no low boost pressure, fine with a few revs through it though but not driveable iuntil it was fixed.

2018 T6 Kombi Highline 204 DSG

@Dellmassive another one to be added to the list above !!!
New twin turbo for me, amongst other very exensive stuff...new inlet manifold with valves cleaned using walnut shells, there was so much carbon build up despite using premium fuel and regualr high revs motorway runs to try and avoid this.
So with the walnut shell cleaning do they only do the valves and not the inlet manifold too? I’m thinking of having it done, but half the reason was to clean the inlet manifold and flaps.

What do VW have to say about the EGR delete ?
VW Preston said nothing, they don't care as the is no warranty now. Had the egr delete done when a fault light came up saying egr low flow. It was done at 120k by Chris @Dav-Tec, it's just a remap but with no extra power just the egr written out. The new @Dav-tec van map is so much smoother rather than the VW clunky map which gives the power in a big lump.

So with the walnut shell cleaning do they only do the valves and not the inlet manifold too? I’m thinking of having it done, but half the reason was to clean the inlet manifold and flaps.
This was the fisrt time the garage I used had carried out this work on a T6, they were very upfront about it so I was happy to go ahead with them.
However I'd already agreed to have the inlet manifold replaced and it was only when they reomoved the old one that the scale of the work / carbon build up became apparent (new manifod ready and waiting to go on).
I didn't condider askiing them to clean the old one!
Pics for you to look at..

IMG_8404.jpeg

IMG_8405.jpeg

IMG_8406.jpeg

IMG_8407.jpeg

This was the fisrt time the garage I used had carried out this work on a T6, they were very upfront about it so I was happy to go ahead with them.
However I'd already agreed to have the inlet manifold replaced and it was only when they reomoved the old one that the scale of the work / carbon build up became apparent (new manifod ready and waiting to go on).
I didn't condider askiing them to clean the old one!
Pics for you to look at..

View attachment 258640

View attachment 258641

View attachment 258642

View attachment 258643
Thanks for that. I’m hoping that the inlet manifold can be cleaned using the walnut method. My mate’s inlet manifold looked very much like yours after 50k of mainly motorway or fast a road driving. His garage chemically cleaned it and put it back on without touching the valve side.
Mine is on 136k so I can’t imagine how bad it all is.

VW Preston said nothing, they don't care as the is no warranty now. Had the egr delete done when a fault light came up saying egr low flow. It was done at 120k by Chris @Dav-Tec, it's just a remap but with no extra power just the egr written out. The new @Dav-tec van map is so much smoother rather than the VW clunky map which gives the power in a big lump.
Is there any reason you continue to use Vw as opposed to an indipendant ?

Back