3 weeks in Europe, mid September!

Loving this read whilst we are all (well some of us) are keeping the economy going....just, if you can call it that!!
Keep it coming, whatever the weather.....but hope its not too bad at the weekend for you!!
It'll just mean a re-jig to avoid the weather! :p

My initial rough plan was to get to Biarritz/Hossegor tomorrow evening, spend a couple days there, then head into the pyrenes Friday with a stop in the mountains Fri night, getting to Ainsa Saturday.

However, that puts me right bang in the middle of this:
1726509209899.png

Which won't be fun to MTB in. I'll worry about that in a few days though, I think I'm going to book a camping car park tomorrow night in Hossegor (any surfers will know the place!!). I'll then go into Biarritz for a day/enjoy the beaches. The camping car parks in Biarritz are fully booked, and the campsite I was looking at has closed for the winter! To be fair, a few days ago it was 40 mph winds and about 16 degrees....

Or, I could stay at the camping place I'm at for another night, as you can stay for 48hrs.

Decisions decisions...

If you want to kill a day or 2 after Biarritz you could go to San Sebastián. One of our favourite places. Great place and an eating and drinking destination with a couple of beaches and a castle.
Not jealous at all….much.

Off to Biarritz today, in a nice leisurely fashion...

The beach this morning before I set off, stretches literally as far as the eye can see in both directions!

1000010581.jpg
1000010582.jpg
1000010583.jpg

The surf had cleaned up, not massive but with a nice offshore wind. I used to surf (badly!) and if I came this way for longer I'd 100% bring a board with me!!

1000010584.jpg
1000010585.jpg
1000010587.jpg

Currently parked at the Dune Du Pilat having some lunch before walking up a massive pile of sand!

Last edited:
Off to Biarritz today, in a nice leisurely fashion...

The beach this morning before I set off, stretches literally as far as the eye can see in both directions!

View attachment 259475
View attachment 259476
View attachment 259477

The surf had cleaned up, not massive but with a nice offshore wind. I used to surf (badly!) and if I came this way for longer I'd 100% bring a board with me!!

View attachment 259478
View attachment 259479
View attachment 259480

Currently parked at the Dune Du Pilar having some lunch before walking up a massive pile of sand!
Looks great Paul.
Keep the reports coming mate.

Back