Off to Belgium for the Grand Prix - any hints or tips much appreciated!

Not jealous in the slightest :p. I went a few years ago, was amazing. Try and get there early and on the practice days as it’s gets very busy and can be a real pain try to walk to the popular sections of the track. Hang around for the support races too, f2 and the Porsche cup are great to watch. Getting the shuttle is good idea, we drove to the track campsite and it was a pain. Stayed in the young village (the irony) and it was barely signposted and no one seemed to know where it was! I suspect the tickets will be long gone (and I doubt they run the tours on a go weekend), but next time you are in Belgium, the paddock/track tour is fantastic.

Don’t over think the driving, it’s a doddle driving in Belgium. They have proper speed limits unlike Holland, so no issues there :cool:

Welcome to Belgium.

You don't need to bring your beer, we have some of teh best in the world here ;)

I you have some spare time, there's a Tiger tank just outside Spa, beautifull area to go walking,...

Spa is nice, but to touristic to my likings.

There’s a huge Auchan about 10 minutes from the tunnel (and a Carrefour in Cité d’Europe about the same time but we prefer Auchan). They will cater for all your food and drink requirements.

Ohhhh enjoy it! I did Spa in 2019! Road trip from UK and stayed at the official F1Camping site.

It’s so much fun :)! Get to the track early on Sunday, get a spot then sleep in your chair! Then get annoyed as everyone tries to find a spot right in front of you :D

There’s a huge Auchan about 10 minutes from the tunnel (and a Carrefour in Cité d’Europe about the same time but we prefer Auchan). They will cater for all your food and drink requirements.
PS. I’ve since discovered (on Monday) that if you want anything other than French wine, you’re better off at Carrefour. Auchan still have an excellent range of Belgian beer though. Even if fruit beers aren’t your thing, try Chouffe Cherry - not too sweet and 8% of fruity loveliness.

Cheers for all the replies guys. After a long drive down from Lancashire, me and the boy (aka Lurch) are finally parked up at the Drum Inn and I’ve just had a really good homemade pork souvlaki with a couple of pints. He somehow rinsed me for a ribeye steak :rolleyes:.IMG_0333.jpeg

Cheers for all the replies guys. After a long drive down from Lancashire, me and the boy (aka Lurch) are finally parked up at the Drum Inn and I’ve just had a really good homemade pork souvlaki with a couple of pints. He somehow rinsed me for a ribeye steak :rolleyes:.View attachment 251965
Are you sleeping in the pub car park tonight?

I set off from Winchester tomorrow morning once my cousin gets here. Planning to catch the 12.20 shuttle but have a flexible ticket.

Are you sleeping in the pub car park tonight?

I set off from Winchester tomorrow morning once my cousin gets here. Planning to catch the 12.20 shuttle but have a flexible ticket.
Sorry for the late reply - we stayed over on Wednesday night then set off at about 8am Thursday morning. Managed to get through and catch an earlier train somehow so got to our campsite at about 4pm local time. Currently sat here!

IMG_0344.jpeg

Sorry for the late reply - we stayed over on Wednesday night then set off at about 8am Thursday morning. Managed to get through and catch an earlier train somehow so got to our campsite at about 4pm local time. Currently sat here!

View attachment 252222
Great seats! We’re bronze tickets so spent the day walking to different spots trying to work out where we want to be on Sunday.

IMG_2984.jpeg
IMG_2986.jpeg
IMG_3004.jpeg

View attachment 252222
Great seats! Enjoy quali and the race, should be a good one

Day 1 was awesome - couldn’t believe the noise of the historic F1 and current F3 cars. The speed the F1 cars go up Eau Rouge is astonishing :eek:

Day 1 was awesome - couldn’t believe the noise of the historic F1 and current F3 cars. The speed the F1 cars go up Eau Rouge is astonishing :eek:
Was the BMW Sauber there? The noise of that is fantastic.

No spoilers please! I won’t be watching live this weekend so trying to avoid any results until I can watch later. Have fun.

Settled on the bus stop chicane for Sunday viewing. Seems only right having a T6 “bus”.

Clouds are burning off and time for sun screen…

Formula 3 at 8.30am:
IMG_3102.jpeg

Formula 2 at 10am:
IMG_3099.jpeg

Just finished the channel 4 highlights. Best race of the season so far. No idea who was going to win for most of the race.

Really glad you started this thread. A road trip for the Spa gran Prix is something I've wanted to do for as long as I can remember.

Upload more pics!

It’s been sensational for us. After a tough year preparing for and taking his GCSEs we thought it would be the perfect way to reward our son for his hard work and our nagging him revise and work hard.

We definitely picked the right circuit and race for both our first F1 event. I’d recommend Spa to anyone thinking of coming.

Really feel for George Russell after and incredibly bold race strategy for the win was kneecapped by some Mercedes dingus behind the scenes.

Will have to sift through the huge amount of pics and videos to find some good ones to post as soon as I can.

2025 tickets appear to be out already. Which is the best website to buy from at there appear to be multiple all offering different prices for the same ticket? I would prefer to use the official seller but not sure which is.

Would really be interested in doing this trip next year. What ticket level would anyone recommend without having to sell a kidney to go...

Back