Fault codes 31103 / P20EE and 32110 / P226D with a new DPF

Andnik

Bamboo Green Cruising Machine
VIP Member
T6 Pro
This is without doubt the worst vehicle I have ever owned......I love it to drive and use but what a needy piece of crap!!!! Shame on EU rules and VW!

So I have changed the engine after using oil and water.....I also changed the DPF as it was blocked.

Currently the Van has 800km on the new engine and is going fine.......however on heavy acceleration and start there is black smoke.........

VCDS / Carista is giving the Subsrate missing and SCR NOX Below threshold.......it is a brand new DPF.

Is it possible it was defective from new (dropped or something) as I am at my wits end trying to get this van to run nice.

Attachments

• Log-N6300-WV2ZZZ7HZHH026237-160447.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 4
OH Forgot to add it has a REVO remap at 104000kms which i regret now......it may or may not have been a contributing factor.

OH Forgot to add it has a REVO remap at 104000kms which i regret now......it may or may not have been a contributing factor.
Somebody else, maybe @Loz had a similar / same situation and removed the map.

Where did you source the DPF? As far as I’m aware no smoke (soot) should get through the DPF.
I got the DPF in France Second hand but brand new in the box (with matching numbers) for €700.....maybe a mistake as no warranty.
I am going to stick my borescope down this afternoon and have a look for visible damage.

I’m not sure if a calibration is required after replacing a DPF, otherwise how does the ash calculation work?
Either way I wouldn’t expect soot to pass through.

UPDATE:
Van went to the big VW Commercial centre in Barcelona.....they could see the smoke but did not see a fault....so waste of €160 really.

I am at a loss......so we have a new (35kmiles) engine. Brand new EGR, Brand new Turbo, Brand New DPF, Swapped over the MAF, NOx Sensor @ CAT. Checked the timing to a bizzillionth of an inch........aaaand it still smokes black on start and under high load.

I asked VW to overwrite the tuning but they came back and said there was an original Map file on the ECU....(not sure they did anything infact as carista was still plugged in)

So what to do??????? I am at a complete loss. Currently I am at work and dreaming up and looking into other avenues.

1. Temp blank EGR and see if smoke stops....few lights come on.....happy if it stops the smoke and we can take it from there.
2. VCDS valve posn check on the EGR
3. Brand New HPFP and Injectors
4.Brand new MAF and Lambda Probe at CAT
5.Brand new NOX probe at exit of DPF
6.Brand New Particulate Sensor exit of DPF
7.Find a REVO Garage to confirm Revo Map Removed
8.Push Van over a cliff

Any thing I may have forgotten? any specific order to do this to reduce costs/knuckle scars? the van runs fine minus the Substrate missing and NOX fault codes. No oil loss so far and or Coolant loss (reason for engine swap)

Having read the tourershine thread the first thing I’d do is go to Revo and get it put back to stock map. That cured his smoking issues after a new turbo. Probably one of the cheapest and easiest jobs too.

Back