A/C fault. Warranty?

kkev

T6 Pro
Had t-roc since March. Hot day, turned a/c on Lo and boost. Warm air blowing through car. Rang local vw dealer (not where I bought it).
Their service said a/c is a grey area might not be covered if faulty seals or needs regassing. Told me to speak to dealer it came from.
Should it be covered?

Well it should be covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 regardless of warranty.

You're past the 30 day window for rejection, make sure you get it sorted before the 6 months window.

You shouldn't have to claim off any independent warranty.

Had t-roc since March. Hot day, turned a/c on Lo and boost. Warm air blowing through car. Rang local vw dealer (not where I bought it).
Their service said a/c is a grey area might not be covered if faulty seals or needs regassing. Told me to speak to dealer it came from.
Should it be covered?
Do you have a copy of the warranty contract? Surely it’s clear from the documents.

A fault within 3months will be covered by warranty. Sales of good act etc
I think the local dealership wanted to palm it onto the seller.
I can't find owt in the warranty that says it shouldn't be covered. Just the local service reception who sucked his teeth and said it's a grey area!

Do you have a copy of the warranty contract? Surely it’s clear from the documents.
There's nothing under what's not covered. Only mention of a/c is 'if any foreign matter enters fuel, cooling, lubrication or a/c systems', under what's not covered.

Back