AdBlue Discussion and Issues

Sorry me phone keeps changing some of me words should of said lifting up so it’s not hunting up and down on tick over

smell hot anyway as the fans always run after stopped and turned off.
That’s not normal from my experience and is a sure sign that it was mid-regen when turned off. It’s also possible if you’ve been thrashing it (e.g. up an alpine pass, prolonged high speed on motorway at high revs) and stopped and switched off immediately. That certainly shouldn’t be an everyday occurrence.

Tick over should be 800-820ish.

Carista would give you some more info and the app DPF Monitor for VAG works with it for in-depth DPF/Regen info.

It’s always done that from when I got it as dealer said as it’s a bi turbo 204bhp it does that to keep everything ok when turning it off .
So I have never questioned it again with Vw about the fan coming on every time I stop and I don’t drive it hard just drive it like it’s a Sunday drive out slow and steady.

to be fair I would not know what a re gen would sound like and I’ve never smelt a thing which is out the normal as van seams to smell hot anyway as the fans always run after stopped and turned off.
Would vcds be able to check regens.
Fans running when you stop and a hot smell are signs that a DPF Regen was either in progress, or had just completed. The idle speed during regen is around 1000rpm as opposed to the normal ~820rpm. f you don't know about these signs, then your not at fault, its just knowledge that some have picked up.
AdBlue consumption varies dependent upon a lot of factors, with my 150hp T6, it seems to require refilling quite infrequently. I've just had the 1400 mile warning, so will take not of the mileage when I refill.

I dont know if this has been posted before….

Ever since I’ve had the van I’ve noticed a tapered hole in the plastic surround of the filler cap. Always thought it would be good for the fuel cap rather than trying to slot the two notches over the edge at the top.

Discovered what the taper hole is for yesterday - the Ad Blue cap!!

I’d just been putting it on the ground (carefully to keep it clean!)

Back