AdBlue Refill Query

If the adblue

View attachment 167442

My dash displays exactly as the picture above. (not mileage - adblue reading) Just bought 5 litres of adblue from Asda. That works out 1.1 gallon. Should I buy more or should I ignore the minimum 1.25gal bit and stick the 5 Litres in which would be just short of the minimum. Adblue was £14 at Asda. couple of years ago I saw it @ £6 I believe. Is the trend as with everything else? ...i.e we're getting ripped off for everything
Go down to your local service station that has an ad-blue pump & fill it from there. The last I bought was 65p/litre.

Go down to your local service station that has an ad-blue pump & fill it from there. The last I bought was 65p/litre.
phone a few local to me - no adblue pump. 65p would work out at £3.25. Big difference. As I say I'm sure I only paid about £6 for 5L last time. They are all jumping on the price increase bandwagon.

+1 for the adblue pump if you can find one locally, I tend to find they are often located at the back of service stations near the HGV fill ups

phone a few local to me - no adblue pump. 65p would work out at £3.25. Big difference. As I say I'm sure I only paid about £6 for 5L last time. They are all jumping on the price increase bandwagon.
I saw loads of filling stations with Ad Blue on the continent. Never noticed any in the UK.

+1 for the adblue pump if you can find one locally, I tend to find they are often located at the back of service stations near the HGV fill ups
Does it cut out like a diesel pump or do you have to keep an eye on the volume?

They cut out, but you don’t want to be brimming the ad blue tank or you’ll screw up the readings. I just put in the maximum it’s asking for.

I watch the volume to make sure I fill for the maximum the MFD is asking for, then make sure I turn on the ignition (but not engine) for 30s after (as it states in the manual) so it picks up the added adblue

My T6.1 is 10 month old now with 2700 miles on the clock and the adblue range still says 15000 miles. ???

John.

My T6.1 is 10 month old now with 2700 miles on the clock and the adblue range still says 15000 miles. ???

John.
15000 or 1500?? I don’t think the display is capable of displaying 15000. If it’s 1500, then it sounds about right. 2700+1500=4200 miles/tank full

I think the 6.1s have a larger tank. Newer vehicles seem to.

When I bought the new Tig, that was showing 13,000 miles range if memory serves me right. Certainly way more that the 6000 miles the T6 shows when filled.

Simplifying, adblue range(milage to empty) is being displayed in the Instrument Cluster but in fact it is engine control unit estimation.
And this is based on quantity of reductant left in the tank, driving characteristics(load, etc.) and actual ECU software version(dieselgate -> newer SW versions generally consume more to comply with NOx emissions as per type approval).

Reactions: mmi
They cut out, but you don’t want to be brimming the ad blue tank or you’ll screw up the readings. I just put in the maximum it’s asking for.
OK thanks. I wondered if the cut off was at the tanks max setting at 10 l or whatever it is.

Back