AdBlue Software Update from Dealership.

software update which affects Nox emissions / adblue . Sorted my vans multiple engine light / adblue problems

Hey guys,

Got the recall for the dreaded update which I filed safely a month or so ago lol. Question, what happens if I refuse it.

My van is in for an inspection service on Saturday & I'm going to tell them I don't want it doing, but any ideas on comeback on this. Tbh, I have vw warranty till January then an additional 2 years dealer

Just wondering as you do?

Hey guys,

Got the recall for the dreaded update which I filed safely a month or so ago lol. Question, what happens if I refuse it.

My van is in for an inspection service on Saturday & I'm going to tell them I don't want it doing, but any ideas on comeback on this. Tbh, I have vw warranty till January then an additional 2 years dealer

Just wondering as you do?
I’m in the same boat, expecting my service reminder to pop up soon and really want to avoid the update. I have a horrible feeling that whatever you tell them they’ll do it anyway. Would they be able to say that you wouldn’t be covered by warranty if you didn’t have it?

Weirdly, I had mine booked in for an Adblue fault so fully expected them to do the update.

I asked them about the recall on the fuel pipe, the dodgy rusty door seal and the Adblue update and was prepared to say to them I didn’t want it (to see whether they’d agree to not install).

They knew about the fuel pipe recall but had evidently nothing listed about the Adblue update. Whether that was true or not I’ll never know.

My Adblue error cleared so I’ll cancel the appointment today.

102BHP Eu6 BTW.

Weirdly, I had mine booked in for an Adblue fault so fully expected them to do the update.

I asked them about the recall on the fuel pipe, the dodgy rusty door seal and the Adblue update and was prepared to say to them I didn’t want it (to see whether they’d agree to not install).

They knew about the fuel pipe recall but had evidently nothing listed about the Adblue update. Whether that was true or not I’ll never know.

My Adblue error cleared so I’ll cancel the appointment today.

102BHP Eu6 BTW.
I didn’t know about the recall for fuel pipe, I’ve had nothing :eek:

No worries @andys although just checked and the batch is bigger now. It was around 570 but now it’s more. There’s also a water ingress recall on some. I’ve linked the details in the previous post.

Why would you not want the adblue software update??.. be cause of the slight increase in adblue usage?

No recalls listed for mine... my18 204 t32 dsg.

Not the Adblue per say, as it costs buttons, but you never know if it also includes a tweak to the duration of EGR use to reduce NOx also, or any other changes to reduce emissions.

I’m sure someone on here said their fuel economy was poorer after the update also.

Looks like I could be the Guniea Pig for this scenario then lol, wish me luck on Saturday. I really dont want an update!! STAMPS FEET lol

Wonder if they will do the update anyway & not say anything, getting away with the free adblue, or will they say I have no choice, so many outcomes :-(

Last edited:
I’m having mine updated tomorrow, not expecting any drama to be honest.

I'd just rather not disturb something that's working well. I never get any engine lights, Adblue problems or EGR problems and get good fuel economy so don't want upset the balance after reading some of the reports on here

I'd just rather not disturb something that's working well. I never get any engine lights, Adblue problems or EGR problems and get good fuel economy so don't want upset the balance after reading some of the reports on here

me & you both, (touches wood) over 10k miles since I bought Elvis & he's doing me proud!! Why risk it??

Well,

Had Elvis in for his service this morning. When I dropped him off they said there was an outstanding recall, mmmm says I, whats that then. They proceeded to say what it was, higher adblue useage due to more frequent regens with a software upgrade but MPG should be the same, free adblue etc so me being me said what happens if I dont want it. Thats fine, no affect on warranty etc, just sign here to say you dont want it doing today. I says, so what happens if in 6 months I decide enough people have been guinea pigs & I do want it doing, fine says him, just give us a ring & we can book it in

So, not had it done, waiting for the great @Loz to report back on his findings after a while lol

Cheerio, me!

Mine seems to run just fine since it was done all the way back home.

The only early observation is they topped up the tank and it now shows Adblue range of 4000 miles whereas in the past it showed 5500 - 6000 miles

No EML was the deal breaker for me.
Free top ups a bonus.
Dunno if I would be fussed if having no issues..

Back