AdBlue Software Update from Dealership.

Given that the requirement for the update is driven by a VW fault, £60 is taking the pee even if the van out of warranty.

Just spoke with my dealer asking about recall for the cracking EGR pipe. No such thing in place apparently. However nice lady mentioned my van is listed for recall for the adblue software update.

Whats the consensus on having it done. Has anyone experienced any side effects other than increased adblue consumption?

Still regens when fuel below 1/4 tank or in the red .
Doesn't throw the engine management light every other month !
Update will wipe a map if you have one .
Was definitely worth getting done for me.

Still regens when fuel below 1/4 tank or in the red .
Doesn't throw the engine management light every other month !
Update will wipe a map if you have one .
Was definitely worth getting done for me.
and my dealer gave me a voucher for 8 free refills at any vw dealer.

The problem with vouchers is that if the refill doesn't coincide with service time, you've still got to make a special trip to the dealer to have it done. i guess in our case, the new place in Tewkesbury isn't as much of a schlep as Swindon but it would probably still fall into the can't be arsed category for me unless I happened to be passing.

Is this different to the P20EE00 update? I was driving back from Oxfordshire last night (to Sheffield) and had the dreaded Engine Warning Light come on. Had VW Assist come out this morning, and they have done the P20EE00 software update to fix the fault... wondered if this was the same update, as there was no mention of any free AdBlue?

Is this different to the P20EE00 update? I was driving back from Oxfordshire last night (to Sheffield) and had the dreaded Engine Warning Light come on. Had VW Assist come out this morning, and they have done the P20EE00 software update to fix the fault... wondered if this was the same update, as there was no mention of any free AdBlue?

Did you get a reply to this? I need this now I believe. Called VW, waiting for a call back.

Back