Just fitted a set of black rhino 17" alloys and 245 65 17 bf Goodrich all terrain tyres. Very happy with the ride and looks but considering a suspension lift now:rolleyes:. Only downside is a bit of extra road noise but not enough to make me consider going back to 19"/20'sView attachment 150635View attachment 150636
Is this stock suspension on those? I‘m considering going with a similar size tyre just not AT
thanks
J

Here's mine with 235/55/18 General Grabber AT3. Lowered 40 mm.

I did have 20" alloys with paper thin tyres and recently a pothole demolished 2 of them. The new wheels and tyres will eat potholes for breakfast.

Look and feel great so far but only fitted them on Saturday.

I get a very minor rub on the plastic arch liner at full lock, but it's not that bad. Might look at getting spacers at some point.

View attachment 186436

Love the drop with AT

Can I ask you about the height of the rear wheel arch?

I have my Cali lowered with Eibach Pro Kit (ca. 40mm) and the height on the rear axle is 72 cm from wheel arch to the floor.

20221127_092310942_iOS.jpg

Using the Fitmen Calculator for the 235/55 r18 it shows a Diameter from 71,57 cm..

fitmencalculator.jpg

I would love to put them on the Cali, but I dont think they will fit..

Thanks!

I just got some 'Yokohama Geolander A/T GO15' fitted.

First impression is that they are quieter than the stock Hankook commercial tyres I had on before. Or maybe it's just a lower tone that isn't as annoying and obvious.

These were recommended by the tyre store, so I searched the reviews on them and they are rated pretty well.

View attachment 181737 View attachment 181738
What size tyres? Are you riding stock height, or altered?

Hello,
I'm looking for 16" offroad wheels (I do quite a lot of offroad with my T6 4motion with Seikel DESERT HD kit).
At the moment I have the GOSS Triangular II 7x16 5x120 ET 28 but they are quite heavy, I'm looking for lighter wheels.
Every wheels I have seen are 17" but I want to stick with 16" (I have BF KO2 235/70R16 that I want to keep).

Thanks if anyone has an idea !

Last edited:
Love the drop with AT

Can I ask you about the height of the rear wheel arch?

I have my Cali lowered with Eibach Pro Kit (ca. 40mm) and the height on the rear axle is 72 cm from wheel arch to the floor.

View attachment 193094

Using the Fitmen Calculator for the 235/55 r18 it shows a Diameter from 71,57 cm..

fitmencalculator.jpg

I would love to put them on the Cali, but I dont think they will fit..

Thanks!
Did you by any chance fit the 235/55/18? Im also Lowered 40mm, and have been advised to go for this size in the 18s.

At the moment I'm torn between General grabbers or the Falken Wildpeak. The falkens seem to get slightly better ratings for fuel economy but looking for some real word comparisons if anyone has any ?

Ideally I'd have liked to have gone for the Agilis, but they don't come in that size and I don't fancy going down to the 17s.

I've been running these General Grabbers for 6 months 235/55 17, I don't find them noisy and they cope very well with the crap UK road conditions ( potholes galore)

I still run standard suspension and have no plans on changing.
20230517_154613.jpg

Did you by any chance fit the 235/55/18? Im also Lowered 40mm, and have been advised to go for this size in the 18s.

At the moment I'm torn between General grabbers or the Falken Wildpeak. The falkens seem to get slightly better ratings for fuel economy but looking for some real word comparisons if anyone has any ?

Ideally I'd have liked to have gone for the Agilis, but they don't come in that size and I don't fancy going down to the 17s.
I run them on 17s and there great I have koni special short shocks too and the drive is mint

Hello,
I'm looking for 16" offroad wheels (I do quite a lot of offroad with my T6 4motion with Seikel DESERT HD kit).
At the moment I have the GOSS Triangular II 7x16 5x120 ET 28 but they are quite heavy, I'm looking for lighter wheels.
Every wheels I have seen are 17" but I want to stick with 16" (I have BF KO2 235/70R16 that I want to keep).

Thanks if anyone has an idea !
I run the 16" off road rims
1684718636285.png

Do you have adaptive cruise? Does it still work okay with the General’s on ?
Springfield’s look really good.

No problem with adaptive cruise so far (tried just once on Saturday). I will test it more.

The funny thing with the Springfields is that I had to sell my OEM Springfield rims (load index 875kg) and buy some replicas (load index 1280kg) because of the increise of the total weight (3,5T).

guys, I'm thinking about converting to a swamper from 20" wheels. I would like 235/65 r17 falken wildpeak, how are the tires on the water? slippery or good? Thank you

guys, I'm thinking about converting to a swamper from 20" wheels. I would like 235/65 r17 falken wildpeak, how are the tires on the water? slippery or good? Thank you
My mate runs the falken wildpeak on his Ford ranger he says they're the best tyres he's ever had. I run the Yokohama Geolander and they are very good. I'd definitely buy them again.

Back