Best Tarp / Sun-Canopy / Rail-Sail for the Van?

@Badjamin. Having used my Debus on a recent month long trip in France, I have to say that you made a great choice and even at full price it would be a bargain. When I first got mine it was really only to be used on the odd occasion that I wanted a simpler alternative to my Kiravans Railsail but I'm now beginning to think that the Debus is the better option all round.
we have a rail sail and I tend to piss about a to trying to find the best configaration , the Debus is simple and easy every time

@shropschris. That's about how I feel about it at the moment but I suspect I'll still take both on longer trips as they fit into the same bag along with 4 poles and guy lines. I think I mentioned elsewhere on here that I also MacGyvered up a couple of side walls for the Debus which also fit in the same bag - nothing fancy but IMHO they don't look like a bodge job and work well to either provide a bit more shade or act as wind breaks for cooking. I used a couple of pieces of white plastic tarp along with eyelets, tarp ball bungees and paracord to fix to the poles and they only take a few minutes to deploy.

Back