Cab heater only blowing cold air

Tony, are you still doing these plastic parts? I believe mine has gone today so looking to replace once I’ve diagnosed tomorrow.
Hi Rslad, yes I am still doing them, when and if you need one give me shout.
Regards Tony

Hi Rslad, yes I’m still doing them, when and if you need one give me a shout.
Regards Tony

Hi Rslad, yes I’m still doing them, when and if you need one give me a shout.
Regards Tony
Awesome, thank you. Hopefully diagnose this weekend, once I’ve worked out how to get to it all.

Take out the black panel above the pedals, look up toward the middle of dash to see if arm is broken.
If you push or pull the bottom lever backwards or forwards and temp will change, make sure van is running and upto temp.
If temp doesn’t change by using dial on dash then it’s probably broken.
Red circle is where actuator arm is.
Yellow arrow moves flaps hot to cold.

B1CD6935-2FEE-4244-81A0-492A39252370.jpeg

Take out the black panel above the pedals, look up toward the middle of dash to see if arm is broken.
If you push or pull the bottom lever backwards or forwards and temp will change, make sure van is running and upto temp.
If temp doesn’t change by using dial on dash then it’s probably broken.
Red circle is where actuator arm is.
Yellow arrow moves flaps hot to cold.

View attachment 152231
Just had a look and it looks like the plastic part attached to the motor.

Mine looked like it was still attached but was broken.
How did you get on with moving the flaps manually? Then turning the dials on dash?

Mine looked like it was still attached but was broken.
How did you get on with moving the flaps manually? Then turning the dials on dash?
Mine looked complete until I turned the dial then I see it. Moved the flaps easily by hand so put it to half way.

I certainly do please. Let me know how to go about getting sorted please.

If you contact me on 07880620367 I will give you my details and get your delivery details
;-)

Well after receiving the need part from @Tony P, a very well made part I might add and in super quick time. It took me around and hour and a half to fit, and that was with removal of the lower dash too as I dropped a part‍!!! But all in all not a horrific job to do, but if you have ham hands, get the wife or kids to help.
In all seriousness, if anyone close to Cambridge needs this doing but doesn’t want to tackle it, drop me a call 07973766898 and I’ll work out a cost to fit it for you. But you will need the part from @Tony P first.

If you contact me on 07880620367 I will give you my details and get your delivery details
;-)
Hi Tony. My T6 has suffered the same failure and I'd love to get my hands on one of your replacements! Do you still have any and if so could I purchase one from you? Many thanks Rob

Interesting to read this thread because part of the heater/aircon control (I think), dropped into the drivers side footwell yesterday. (18 month old t6.1 California Ocean). Booked in for repair under warranty. Is it a dashboard out job!?

03FE3D34-435A-43CF-96AC-EDBC09F1AD37.jpeg

75FBD328-C5C6-4E9B-B041-27680173D81C.jpeg

EFED776E-62B4-4D79-94A5-79F2337BCDA4.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Interesting to read this thread because part of the heater/aircon control (I think), dropped into the drivers side footwell yesterday. (18 month old t6.1 California Ocean). Booked in for repair under warranty. Is it a dashboard out job!?

View attachment 165171

View attachment 165172

View attachment 165173
Hi Grumpy Grandad (love it) VW would take the dash out. Can’t believe how much it’s costs the dealer for such a small badly made part, then put the same cheap flimsy part back in.

Hi Grumpy Grandad (love it) VW would take the dash out. Can’t believe how much it’s costs the dealer for such a small badly made part, then put the same cheap flimsy part back in.
Hi Tony P.

I’d imagined VW would replace the whole unit rather than repair but on this occasion no.

Spoken to Stuart at Citygate and he advised that they’ve done 4 or 5 of these repairs in the last month!

They have spares kits from VW that include all of the various components so, unusually, they repair rather than swap the entire heater unit.

Apparently not a full dashboard removal either - hooray! Stuart reckons on about 3 or 4 hours.

Back