Camping Ideas and Tips

Posting this for @Albel

dsc_2148-jpg.91372

dsc_2147-jpg.91373

We didn't pay that much, you may be able to find it cheaper, but it was before Brexit!

Brilliant thing, great for washing up in the van.

(And yes, a tea-towel sat on the table would be cheaper, I know :whistle:)

after finally giving up waiting for stock coming in for the counter undelights that @Bigsidavies showed us . . .

i found a similar pair of magnetic, USB rechargeable, motion, LED lights (warm & cool available)

i went for this set,

1675358294604.png

About this item​

• 【Only Working in Dark】"AUTO" Mode: the cupboard light will turns on automatically when the sensor detect human movement in a dark environment, and turns off automatically after 30 seconds of inactivity. "ON" Mode: the light will always working until runs out of energy.
  • 【48 LED, 90lm & More Bright Sensor Closet Light】With 48 LEDs for each light, up to 90 lumens, very easy to find what you're looking for and perfect to light up in a large space where there is no light system, like the cabinet, wardrobe, stairs, etc. LUXJET motion sensor light is the best choice for you.
  • 【Rechargeable Battery】Built-in 1100 mAh high-capacity rechargeable battery, has a larger battery capacity than other led cabinet lighting, easily charged via USB. After fully charged, these closet lights last for up to 3 hours under on mode and last 1-2 months under motion sensor mode. Energy Save & Save More Money!
  • 【Brighter But Not Glaring】Flicker-free, natural lighting. These LED beads are hidden inside of the flank and glow vertically to a built-in LIGHT GUIDE PANEL, rather than being exposed directly to the air, to avoid the light direct exposure to the eyes. So what you see is a uniform illuminator, the light is softer and no glaring.
  • 【Lifetime Replacement and Widely Applications】We provide lifetime free replacement service. As long as you are not satisfied with any quality problems in the use process after receiving the goods, you can come to consult our customer service. Ideal for the bedroom, wardrobe, closet, cabinet, workshop, kitchen cupboards, bookcase, shed garage, hallway, kitchen, sink, stairway, laundry, drawers, steps, etc.

@Bigsidavies had one under his countertop set to auto so it would come on and off as needed,

it was USB rechargeable so didnt need hardwiring and was magnetic (supplied with magnetic pads) so you didnt have to screw it into anything.

basically a great little camping tip.

so this is what arrived.
#

two lights,
2x USB charge leads,
4x sticky metal things for the magnets.

1675358991500.png

at one end you have the light and movement sensor.

1675359063351.png

heres one on and one charging . . . . .

1675359097095.png

they have a decent brightnees, and apparently a good battery life. . . .

1675359136377.png

the units themselves hold the magnets. . . . so you can fix them to any ferrous metals.

1675359181868.png

im my case I've get one stuck to the underside of my IKEA desk magnetly fixed to a cross bar. . . .

1675359263655.png

im very impressed with the result . . . . .

1675359300960.png

ill update this post when i have a better understanding of the run time.

they quote:

【Rechargeable Battery】Built-in 1100 mAh high-capacity rechargeable battery, has a larger battery capacity than other led cabinet lighting, easily charged via USB. After fully charged, these closet lights last for up to 3 hours under on mode and last 1-2 months under motion sensor mode

check em out.

1675359414740.png1675359424159.png1675359436026.png1675359448028.png

after finally giving up waiting for stock coming in for the counter undelights that @Bigsidavies showed us . . .

i found a similar pair of magnetic, USB rechargeable, motion, LED lights (warm & cool available)

i went for this set,

View attachment 186581

About this item​

• 【Only Working in Dark】"AUTO" Mode: the cupboard light will turns on automatically when the sensor detect human movement in a dark environment, and turns off automatically after 30 seconds of inactivity. "ON" Mode: the light will always working until runs out of energy.
  • 【48 LED, 90lm & More Bright Sensor Closet Light】With 48 LEDs for each light, up to 90 lumens, very easy to find what you're looking for and perfect to light up in a large space where there is no light system, like the cabinet, wardrobe, stairs, etc. LUXJET motion sensor light is the best choice for you.
  • 【Rechargeable Battery】Built-in 1100 mAh high-capacity rechargeable battery, has a larger battery capacity than other led cabinet lighting, easily charged via USB. After fully charged, these closet lights last for up to 3 hours under on mode and last 1-2 months under motion sensor mode. Energy Save & Save More Money!
  • 【Brighter But Not Glaring】Flicker-free, natural lighting. These LED beads are hidden inside of the flank and glow vertically to a built-in LIGHT GUIDE PANEL, rather than being exposed directly to the air, to avoid the light direct exposure to the eyes. So what you see is a uniform illuminator, the light is softer and no glaring.
  • 【Lifetime Replacement and Widely Applications】We provide lifetime free replacement service. As long as you are not satisfied with any quality problems in the use process after receiving the goods, you can come to consult our customer service. Ideal for the bedroom, wardrobe, closet, cabinet, workshop, kitchen cupboards, bookcase, shed garage, hallway, kitchen, sink, stairway, laundry, drawers, steps, etc.

@Bigsidavies had one under his countertop set to auto so it would come on and off as needed,

it was USB rechargeable so didnt need hardwiring and was magnetic (supplied with magnetic pads) so you didnt have to screw it into anything.

so this is what arrived.
#

two lights,
2x USB charge leads,

View attachment 186582

View attachment 186583

View attachment 186584

View attachment 186585

the units themselves hold the magnets. . . . so you can fix them to any ferrous metals.

View attachment 186586

im my case I've get one stuck to the underside of my IKEA desk magnetly fixed to a cross bar. . . .

View attachment 186588

View attachment 186589

they quote:

【Rechargeable Battery】Built-in 1100 mAh high-capacity rechargeable battery, has a larger battery capacity than other led cabinet lighting, easily charged via USB. After fully charged, these closet lights last for up to 3 hours under on mode and last 1-2 months under motion sensor mode

check em out.

View attachment 186590View attachment 186591View attachment 186592View attachment 186593

Ooh just what I need for under my RIB bed at the entrance to my van and under my cupboard. Ordered :uh run:
Moneypitsrus :rolleyes:

i went for this set,

View attachment 186581

About this item​

so this is what arrived.
#

two lights,
2x USB charge leads,

View attachment 186582

View attachment 186583

View attachment 186584

View attachment 186585

View attachment 186586

View attachment 186588

View attachment 186589

they quote:

check em out.

View attachment 186590View attachment 186591View attachment 186592View attachment 186593

We 'stick' them on the awning with magnets on the outside of the fabric

Bespoke CADAC Windbreak

1679415806860.png

@Grim Reaper

-- Camping Tips & Tricks - Summer 2023 --

well its just the start of Spring official, (march 23)

and T6F Spring camp seems to be rained off . . .

so it looks like the Next Campout for us will be CamperJam23

(T6F @ Bala will be sooner if you are booked in on that)

+++

1679493998076.png

+++

that means its soon time to digout and dust off the camping gear.

its also time to start looking and new kit & gear for 2023.

+++

I've already started the year off by fitting a C-Rail to the van,

for the New KYHAM air awning / tent.

1679494203453.png

exciting times. . .

:mexican wave:

+++

+++

Reactions: CAB
If anyone likes Kyham gear, they have just announced a "March Madness" deal where you can make an offer for what you want. I just got 20% off the awning canopy that I've had my eye on.
Remember, they were offering 33% off everything at Christmas, but I wouldn't expect that to still be the case as we approach camping season.

We have just bought a CleverChef 15 in 1 Multi Cooker. We will give it a trial at VanLife Fest in early May.

Back