Camping Ideas and Tips

If anyone likes Kyham gear, they have just announced a "March Madness" deal where you can make an offer for what you want. I just got 20% off the awning canopy that I've had my eye on.
Remember, they were offering 33% off everything at Christmas, but I wouldn't expect that to still be the case as we approach camping season.

+++

1679495594545.png

We have just bought a CleverChef 15 in 1 Multi Cooker. We will give it a trial at VanLife Fest in early May.

860W that cooker, - was you planning to run that off the EHU?

General information:

• Aluminium inner bowl.
  • Dishwasher safe pot.
  • 860 watts.
  • Weight: 3.9kg.
  • Size H31, W24, D23cm.
  • Accessories included: User Manual and Steamer Tray.
  • Manufacturer's 1 year guarantee.
  • EAN: 5060541511682.

1679495679970.png

I've already started the year off by fitting a C-Rail to the van,
Don’t forget to get some awning stop’s……Keeps the Kador strip from moving in bad weather

but If you want to tie on to it use these…

:)

Don’t forget to get some awning stop’s……Keeps the Kador strip from moving in bad weather

but If you want to tie on to it use these…

Never knew these things even existed :oops:

If you want to tie on to it use these…

Cheers @VanDamMan :D

Another Forum "necessary" purchase!!
Buy 2, get 2 free :thumbsup:

All my camping hacks are very low-tech I’m afraid… One cheap low-tech hack I find good for warm evenings, when sitting out with a glass of wine, is wine glass lids to keep little bugs from landing in my vino… I use Bonne Maman jam jar lids - other lids might fit but I like the gingham picnic pattern on the Bonne Maman brand. The lids fit just as well on my plastic Halfords camping wine glasses as they do on my regular glass wine glasses and even on my Waterford crystal glasses. Cheap solution to bug free wine

FA0A72ED-1F87-4A33-82B0-B1ABFA503D5B.jpeg

6FAC24E9-874C-4A0B-8B19-F6A7C5405891.png

All my camping hacks are very low-tech I’m afraid… One cheap low-tech hack I find good for warm evenings, when sitting out with a glass of wine, is wine glass lids to keep little bugs from landing in my vino… I use Bonne Maman jam jar lids - other lids might fit but I like the gingham picnic pattern on the Bonne Maman brand. The lids fit just as well on my plastic Halfords camping wine glasses as they do on my regular glass wine glasses and even on my Waterford crystal glasses. Cheap solution to bug free wine

View attachment 193250

View attachment 193251
The best hacks are invariably the low-tech ones. :thumbsup:

Or next time you are in Germany, pick up the real thing:

2B24F180-3702-4ED4-AD7B-C42359CF746B.jpeg

5 mins effort and marriage saved - just done a job I've been meaning to do for some time, after many occasions where rotary clothes airer has collapsed in the slightest bit of wind, resulting in dirty washing and much amusement for neighbours in adjacent pitches ...

Drilled through the plastic and pole to the upper and lower sections and fed a cable tie through.

IMG_0002.jpegIMG_0001.jpeg

@Mick. Glad you've decided to go on a health food kick at your age! Mind you, it does sound good.

Back