I've changed to h7s from h4s, as yet not found anyone local to to help with coding, dip beam is a lot more visible now and holding main on using flash shows it will be great, definitely worth doing for what I'm my case was very little money
look on the map for someone nearby with vcds, if you passing near me I'm happy to help with the coding.:thumbsup:

I am relatively new to the forum, how do I contact you privately? Is there a discount available to VIP members on the lights?
Yes there is but if you want to stop by can do a better deal, I will send you a pm so you can reply if desired

If they’re genuine VW H7, they’re as per the bottom photo - there’s only one type. Subtle difference in looks between the H7s and H4’s. The H7 DRLs are a strip below the low beam (outer reflector) whereas the H4 DRLs are the large inner reflector. Personal choice, but I like the cleaner look of the H7s.

Also, if you code the lights so that the high beam includes the low beam as well, you get four lights on high beam, with 220w, rather than the 120w over two lights from the H4s.

View attachment 33223
H
If they’re genuine VW H7, they’re as per the bottom photo - there’s only one type. Subtle difference in looks between the H7s and H4’s. The H7 DRLs are a strip below the low beam (outer reflector) whereas the H4 DRLs are the large inner reflector. Personal choice, but I like the cleaner look of the H7s.

Also, if you code the lights so that the high beam includes the low beam as well, you get four lights on high beam, with 220w, rather than the 120w over two lights from the H4s.

View attachment 33223
Sorry @Spaghetti as this is an old thread, but what are the actual bulbs in the caravelle unit for the DRL please?

@Spaghetti on the same subject.... do you know if it’s possible to code the lights (with them both being H7) so that on headlights (dipped beam) you can have all four lights on? So all four lights dipped, then all four for main beam, flashing etc???

You can code it so you have the two outers on for low beam and the two outers and two inners on for high beam.

You couldn’t use all 4 on dipped beam as that’d just be like full beam all the time. Each H7 reflector unit only has one H7 bulb with one filament and one brightness. The different beam is achieved by the reflector. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You can code it so you have the two outers on for low beam and the two outers and two inners on for high beam.

You couldn’t use all 4 on dipped beam as that’d just be like full beam all the time. Each H7 unit only has one H7 bulb with one filament and one brightness. The different beam is achieved by the reflector. :thumbsup:
Good man.... thank you for that explanation.... spot on!:thumbsup:

Good morning. I’ve got a question about Caravelle lights if some can help. I’m looking for a set but looking on eBay the last letter of the code can differ. Is this just different for the year manufactured. Is there any thing different to the lights from different manufacture years. Hope this makes sense. Thanks

There was an upgrade to the Drl holders at some point but not sure which letter sequence it's reflected on.

Back