Centre console storage unit

Captain Mainwaring

T6 Guru
Once I've got the insulation and carpeting done, the next task is to set up a couple of storage options

The first one is something to go between the two front captain seats, ideally something with a closable lid. Perhaps big enough for one shopping bag and then a smaller bit for odds and ends like phone, garage keys etc. It also needs some way of attaching it to the seats to stop it sliding around

Secondly I am looking for either shelving or a row of largish storage boxes that I can screw to the metalwork at the back reasonably high up. All the storage solutions I have found online are either floor standing or very expensive or both.

Anyone got any suggestions?

I gave up the hunt for exactly that and just went with a vanorak. Santa is bringing it in a couple of days although the huge box behind the kitchen door suggests he might have delivered it early... either that or that's a micro sd card..

The Vanorak looks. Unfortunately doesn't work very well for me as I am regularly loading bikes in and out so it would be a bit of a pain

Any other suggestions from anyone?

The Vanorak looks. Unfortunately doesn't work very well for me as I am regularly loading bikes in and out so it would be a bit of a pain

Any other suggestions from anyone?

Dewalt tough box system?.
A purpose made frame to suit your requirements as well as the box brackets?.
I have about 25 boxes.. with various items for various occasions.. work to camping to supplies to MX /MB spares.. etc..

My frames are bespoke to suit my layouts

@Fish Using a toolbox between the seats is a good idea. So many to choose from there is bound to be one that fits neatly

Just need the side bins or shelving now - tool boxes are probably too big

image.png image.jpeg
I made this for mine . It has to sit low as I load pipe over the top but the drink holders could do with coming up but does the job. I run a power feed to it with a inline plug so I can remove it . I got the power outlets from eBay and the other thing is the controller for my heated seat covers. Just remember to cut out for the handbrake and pasenger seat adjuster.

@Fish Using a toolbox between the seats is a good idea. So many to choose from there is bound to be one that fits neatly

Just need the side bins or shelving now - tool boxes are probably too big

For inbetween the seats we ha e used a couple of 'toy' boxes from dunelm..only couple of £. They fit perfect and different patterns etc.

The dewalt boxes do com in various sizes but are rather bulky.

View attachment 3780 View attachment 3781
I made this for mine . It has to sit low as I load pipe over the top but the drink holders could do with coming up but does the job. I run a power feed to it with a inline plug so I can remove it . I got the power outlets from eBay and the other thing is the controller for my heated seat covers. Just remember to cut out for the handbrake and pasenger seat adjuster.

That looks spot on...

IMG_0138.JPG Found this via the German T6 forum. Nice bit of engineering, but I'd miss jumping through to the back.

Anyone tried one in a T5? Just wondered what the quality was like.

I personally don't like the jack and tow bar being on view. Would like something to box it in and give some storage for things like fire extinguisher,first aid kit etc. Need to go up but not out as dogs take up all the floor space.

Back