Sold Custom Grille Badges

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJW

2016 T6.0 T32 Camper
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Well, sort of 'for sale'. I'm building slowly up to be able to make custom grille badges for the T6 and T6.1 as a hobby. The idea is that you can tell me what you want your grille badge to say, or what design you want on it, I can send you a computer visualisation to approve, then I can make it for you and post it to you. Got a good grip on 3D design (that's what I do for a living) and am getting much more confident with 3D printing with exterior grade materials and paint finishes, which are a hobby.

The image shows the badge I made for our family van (the Black Dog club was named by my son, and consists of him, me and my wife, in case you were wondering :) ).

There are at least 4 OEM T6 grille shapes:
  • T6 Startline (available)
  • T6 Highline upwards (available)
  • T6.1 Startline (Waiting to obtain grille)
  • T6.1 Highline upwards (coming very soon, roughly w/c 27th March 23)
+++UPDATE+++
  • T5.1 Coming soon
At the moment, I have in my mitts a T6 Startline and T6 Highline grille, so can only make badges for those models. I intend to carry on my search for cheapish crash-damaged grilles so I can make badges for the T6.1 too, but at the moment (unless I've added an update below) I cannot help. If anyone does have a damaged T6.1 grille, let me know - happy to pay postage and do a free badge or two in return.

The badge has a complex 3D shape and fits in just one place on the grille - which is exactly where the 4Motion badge goes, and clips on - no tools or bumper removal needed. If you've got a 4Motion badge, or you've got something else there, like a laser lamp, that won't work. In time, more positions might be possible - will depend on demand.

They're made from 3D printed PETG, which is UV resistant and waterproof. Paint is standard automotive paint with a gloss or matte lacquer. I've just got access to an air brush, so I expect the paint finish will get more refined than shown in the images - I'll post some pics. The colours in the photos below are black on gunmetal grey with a

Not sure what the price will be eventually, but I'm willing to do a small number at £0.00 to see if people like them, and to help me understand what makes people happy. That's why this is a 'for sale' thread - I aim to start charging but would like to keep everything in one thread.

So, ONLY if you have a T6 Startline grille or T6 Highline grille, and want a badge, I'll say yes to the first four (or so) who post below, @Dave A, @nomislotsirb, @murphyabu and @markt6uk have first dibs because they asked already in the 3D printing thread where this idea was born, but I don't know what grilles you've got. @Bav - I haven't yet got a 6.1 grille so can't help you yet - so sorry - you're first on the list when I get that grille.

Thanks to Admin for letting me do this. It really is my favourite forum / community on the internet - I mean that.

Take care

+++UPDATE+++

Pricing:
  • A standard design with custom colours = £23 +P&P
  • A custom design with custom colours = £27 +P&P
The only standard design at the moment is the T6 Forum one, but others could be added going forward - depends what people ask for.​

IMG_3702.jpgIMG_3613.jpg

Last edited:
@CJW - What about a T6 Forum logo badge or a moomin-j badge?

Happy to pay for either on a T6 Highline grill...

Last edited:
Ooooh - I'll have one that says 'Havana' if you're doing one and I'm early enough

Cheers

Reactions: CJW
I’d be interested in one that says BULLI but I’ve got a caravelle grille, it might be the same fit as a Highline grille?

I would love to be part of your trail run if possible have a t6 high line grill will forward you my design if you are happy to do this all so happy to pay too
cheers paint

Blimey that was quick! OK. The five of you above, please could you PM me a photo of your upper grille when you get chance?

Will have to put a pause on any more after these until the four who have first dibs tell me their grille type.

Thanks fellas.

Hey Chris, PM me with your availability next week and I'll try and arrange to drop off my Highline grill for you. :thumbsup:

Well done CJW, its things like this i love about this forum.
And once you get your venture up and running I will be interested too.
I have a Highline Grill, and would like "Hoggle" on it.
Goods luck with this.

I can ship you a T6.1 grill from my Shuttle for your R&D so long as you promise to ship it back as it is the original one from my bus. PM me your address.

When I work out what grill have I would be interested in a T6 Forum one if you venture down that route and one with "CUFFY"
I was toying with "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" :whistle:

DSC_5230.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back