CXEB Loss of Boost

MyfirstVW

Evening all,
Coil light flashed at me today (first time) and i had a loss of boost, i guess it was in limp mode. I came straight home and plugged into VCDS. Any guru willing to nudge me in the right direction regarding where to start faulting this one please? I initially thought boost leak, had a good look around but couldn't see anything obvious. Pulled the following off VDCS before i cleared the DTC's. 2017 CXEB 95k. New EGR / Cooler last year.

Any help very much appreciated

5 Faults Found:
23957 - Boost Pressure Regulation
P0299 00 [01100100] - Control Range Not Reached
Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 154081 km
Date: 2081.01.29
Time: 15:34:31

Engine RPM: 2435.25 /min
Normed load value: 99.6 %
Vehicle speed: 113 km/h
Coolant temperature: 92 °C
Intake air temperature: 25 °C
Ambient air pressure: 1000 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 14.039 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
Charge air pressure: specified value: 3.587 bar
Absolute intake pressure: 255 kPa abs
Mass airflow sensor 1 bank 1 airflow: raw value: 1450.5 mg/stroke
Exhaust recirc.valve 1 bank 1: posit.feedback - Actual value: 0.67 %
Throttl.valve adapt. 1 bank 1: posit feedback - Actual value: 0.00 %
Turbine actuator 1 bank 1: posit.feedback - Actual value: 19.91 %
Mean injection quantity: 86 mg/stroke
Air cleaner degree of soiling: 11.45 %
Turbocharg.2 compress.outlet: press.sensor 1 bank 1: raw value: 2916 mbar
Turboc.1 turbin.bypass valve 1 B. 1: pos.feedback - Actual value: 7.29 %

25960 - Boost Pressure Regulation
P0299 00 [01100100] - Control Range Not Reached
Freeze Frame:
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 154081 km
Date: 2081.01.29
Time: 15:34:31

Engine RPM: 2435.25 /min
Normed load value: 99.2 %
Vehicle speed: 113 km/h
Coolant temperature: 92 °C
Intake air temperature: 25 °C
Ambient air pressure: 1000 mbar
Voltage terminal 30: 14.039 V
Unlearning counter according OBD: 40
Charge air pressure: specified value: 3.585 bar
Absolute intake pressure: 255 kPa abs
Mass airflow sensor 1 bank 1 airflow: raw value: 1454.7 mg/stroke
Exhaust recirc.valve 1 bank 1: posit.feedback - Actual value: 0.17 %
Throttl.valve adapt. 1 bank 1: posit feedback - Actual value: 0.00 %
Turbine actuator 1 bank 1: posit.feedback - Actual value: 19.91 %
Mean injection quantity: 86 mg/stroke
Air cleaner degree of soiling: 11.45 %
Turbocharg.2 compress.outlet: press.sensor 1 bank 1: raw value: 2909 mbar
Turboc.1 turbin.bypass valve 1 B. 1: pos.feedback - Actual value: 7.29 %

31103 - SCR NOx Catalyst Bank 1
P20EE 00 [01100000] - Efficiency too Low

30540 - Throttle Position Sensor (G69)
P0121 00 [00100000] - Implausible Signal

16230 - Control Module for Instrument Cluster
U1019 00 [00100000] - Missing Signal for Oil Level/Temperature
[Instrument cluster control moduleMissing signal oil level/temperature]

What happen after key off,?

Did it restart and run normal?

Or still I'm limp mode.

What happen after key off,?

Did it restart and run normal?

Or still I'm limp mode.
I'd cleared the DTC's before I restarted it, but it started no problem, i revved it on the soft limiter but never took it out to give it any load. No lights came back on and i did a live data catch and it didn't register anything. I was reluctant to drive it again until i'd asked the question - just in case :)

Gotcha.

Could just be a blip in the matrix.

But a new drive cycle is needed to see if the fault comes back.

@mmi is the vcds block map master.... Maybe he can look over
the data?

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Gotcha.

Could just be a blip in the matrix.

But a new drive cycle is needed to see if the fault comes back.

@mmi is the vcds block map master.... Maybe he can lol poverty the data?

Thanks for the reply, I've just been out for a rip and the fault hasn't returned. Maybe just a blip in the matrix, we'll see - fingers crossed! Just re-scanned it too and again, nothing logged. I will hold my breath forever more :)

Usually when we see that whilst mapping it's either N75 solonid with controls the turbo actuator or the vanes sticking on the turbo. Usually the N75.

Sometimes it only happens when warm due to the diaphragm heating up and the leak isn't sufficient enough when cold to trigger it. Looking at the data the engine was up to temp you where doing 70mph and on full throttle so this would marry up however the throttle position sensor could have caused this so I'd wait and see if it returns.

NOx fault is either a faulty sensor usually or the pipes starting to clogged up in the AdBlue lines. Get some AdBlue cleaner and keep an eye on that too.

Oil sensor is more than likely the wire is damaged they a bugger for it, follow the cable back from the oil sensor on the bottom of the sump it usually chaffs on the sub frame and needs repairing. The oil sensor feeds directly to the instrument cluster, the cluster then sends that signal via canbus to the ECU.

I had to sort @Texxaco about a year ago, he then had to repair it twice more as his daughter's rabbit decided it was a tasty snack :slow rofl:

Usually when we see that whilst mapping it's either N75 solonid with controls the turbo actuator or the vanes sticking on the turbo. Usually the N75.

Sometimes it only happens when warm due to the diaphragm heating up and the leak isn't sufficient enough when cold to trigger it. Looking at the data the engine was up to temp you where doing 70mph and on full throttle so this would marry up however the throttle position sensor could have caused this so I'd wait and see if it returns.

NOx fault is either a faulty sensor usually or the pipes starting to clogged up in the AdBlue lines. Get some AdBlue cleaner and keep an eye on that too.

Oil sensor is more than likely the wire is damaged they a bugger for it, follow the cable back from the oil sensor on the bottom of the sump it usually chaffs on the sub frame and needs repairing. The oil sensor feeds directly to the instrument cluster, the cluster then sends that signal via canbus to the ECU.

I had to sort @Texxaco about a year ago, he then had to repair it twice more as his daughter's rabbit decided it was a tasty snack :slow rofl:
I'll be honest, when i posted this i hoped you might see it! Really appreciate the reply and all things that i'll now have a look at. Much appreciated! :)

I'll be honest, when i posted this i hoped you might see it! Really appreciate the reply and all things that i'll now have a look at. Much appreciated! :)
No worries mate, at the end of a phone if you need us. If you have VCDS we can remote in to do a few tests if your not sure

I've started a new Thread for the 204 CXEB

Back