I’m pretty sure it fits in glovebox. I’ll have to check. I’ll look on there aswell. Thanks
I think you are correct and not as nice looking as the correct logo marked button for the dash on a T6 any way.

That looks as if it's all the bits that you need, doesn't say if it's keyed for fitting in the left or right of the dash. By rights a RHD should have it to right of the centre whilst a LHD should be the other side. You can't fit one in the position for the other as I said earlier I ordered the wrong one and found out the hard way!
I thought it fitted one back of glovebox as opposed to dash. I know what your saying though with the buttons.

I thought it fitted one back of glovebox as opposed to dash. I know what your saying though with the buttons.
That looks as if it's all the bits that you need, doesn't say if it's keyed for fitting in the left or right of the dash. By rights a RHD should have it to right of the centre whilst a LHD should be the other side. You can't fit one in the position for the other as I said earlier I ordered the wrong one and found out the hard way!

That’s the one using part number from diagram

Yes it's straight forward, I've done it on a previous van. My comment above is even more appropriate as there is a RHD button and a LHD version. Ask me how I know! It doesn't actually matter if you get the wrong one unless there is already another option that you have which used the same location.
I'm away in France at present but if you need wiring assistance I can look it all up when I get back home after the end of the month.
Rod
Did you get plug off abs module without removing anything else? Looks but tight in there. Cheers

I see that item is no longer available but as that had an odd number at the end it was either universal or for the left side of the dash, if there is a right side version it will most probably be the same except that the last number will be even. I can't find the parts book page at present to check.
Yes the ABS unit is under the bonnet and you are correct it is tight to remove the plug. I don't remember taking anything else apart to get to it but it's about eight years since I did the job.

If you can it's worth accessing the full dealer manuals at https://cardiagn.com/ and downloading them, a bit time consuming but only needed to be done once.

Parts lists can be found here Каталоги автозапчастей

As normal an understanding of some 'dealer speak' is useful with info from both sites.

I see that item is no longer available but as that had an odd number at the end it was either universal or for the left side of the dash, if there is a right side version it will most probably be the same except that the last number will be even. I can't find the parts book page at present to check.
Yes the ABS unit is under the bonnet and you are correct it is tight to remove the plug. I don't remember taking anything else apart to get to it but it's about eight years since I did the job.

If you can it's worth accessing the full dealer manuals at https://cardiagn.com/ and downloading them, a bit time consuming but only needed to be done once.

Parts lists can be found here Каталоги автозапчастей

As normal an understanding of some 'dealer speak' is useful with info from both sites.
Thankyou for that, I will get those manuals tonight. Here is the button I’ve ordered. The same part number as the one from the diagram. Surely the glovebox button is the same regardless of left hand right hand drive.
Suppose I’ll find out when it turns up. I’ve sussed it all out now, up behind glovebox and through from it to engine bay. Will remove little barrier plate between battery and engine to give more room. Can always move coolant tank and fuel filter if needed. View attachment 164971View attachment 164971

From what I remember that price is a good deal. As for fitting, nothing is impossible it's just that some things are more difficult than others!

There are wires to the dash button illumination circuit that brings the illumination on with the side lights.

If this is the wiring diagram that you are looking at you need to common the brown (-ve) and Grey/Blue (Illumination feed) from another button. I seem to remember that it was getting enough slack in an existing bit of loom to connect these that was my biggest headache. I intensely dislike 'Schotchloks' so I will leave the method of connecting up to you.
You then need to pick up the correct +ve 12v connection, the black wire (sw - Schwarz in German) to pin 4 of the switch and run a wire from pin 5 of the switch to the ABS unit plug/socket 38a pin 20. That is the 'vi (purple) wire in the diagram To do that you will need to get hold of the correct miniature connector to clip into the plug/socket itself. VW do have repair wires with connectors ready fitted which you can splice to your new wire but getting hold of them is often not easy.

I've no idea what your wiring skills are and certainly do not mean to offend but take care wiring as short circuits get HOT and often result in a fire!

View attachment 164670

I forgot that I had a T6 manual on a memory stick with me in the camper.

Do you have part number for the connectors?
I'd love to light up 2 additional buttons (from ESP button illumination feed) and thought oem connectors are better way to do a clean and safe job.

Thanks!

Do you have part number for the connectors?
I'd love to light up 2 additional buttons (from ESP button illumination feed) and thought oem connectors are better way to do a clean and safe job.

Thanks!
Sorry I can't, that was in my previous van and all the documentation went with the van. I can't even remember if the connectors came from VW or from WURTH.
If they were VW then they would have been the workshop repair wires with connectors ready fitted. Many dealers / parts staff don't even know that such items exist and even if they do there are many different sizes to choose from.
I do remember dealing with the WURTH outlet in the Black Country that says Trade Only but I think that is where I have dealt for some connectors.

All of this is now over nine years ago and an elderly brain cannot remember details.

Back