Dashboard lights followed by engine cut out whilst driving.

Bigsidavies

Retired
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Can’t find a similar thread so here goes.

Was driving along and after just after gong over a speed bump (might be unconnected) my abs and tpm lights came on and all my doors unlocked. As I drove along maybe another 200 metres the van just died.
It won’t restart, won’t lock using the fob, and the info on the dash shows both sliding doors open-which of course they are not.
If cranks but feels like there is no fuel.
Any ideas while I wait for recovery.

Is this the crash sensor? Cuts fuel and unlocks doors. Did the hazards come on?

Coincidentally I’ve suggested this on a couple of threads to rule out as a cause. Recovery would be able to see the code history to see if it had been triggered.

That’s what I’m thinking too. If it cut fuel then would there be about 200 metres worth of juice in the fuel lines before I ran out?
Don’t know where that is to reset though.

Any news Si? Us nosey folk need to be kept in the Loo p.
Assistance been out-JUST- and it looks electrical as though hitting the speed bump has cut off the fuel. It’ll run on easy start, but no fuel and his fault reader couldn’t interrogate the ecu any further so I’m now waiting for recovery.
Ally has just been and brought me a flask and my vcds and laptop. So while I wait for the low loader I’ll have a play.
I’m only 2 miles from home too.

Top girl that Ally, glad you're under someone's care! There's far worse places to be stranded!

Did you get anywhere Si if not give me a bell see if I can assist

Who is your recovery Si as 8 hours is a longtime I broke down with my 1976 Bonneville in early March this year near Whitchurch bloody freezing and the RAC took 7-1/2 hours to get me home.

John.

It’s with the Police Fed, so they appoint their nearest approved recovery firm.
Tbh he got there in 4 hours and spent an hour trying to sort it before asking for a recovery van which then took another 2 1/2 hours.

So battery charged and back on.
Fault codes cleared and I’ve immediately got a return of loads of electrical communication errors, so hitting the speed bump obviously has triggered an electrical problem.
Yesterday I checked all the fuses under the bonnet and the midi fuses under the battery and all looked fine.
I’ve tried to test the fuel lift pump with vcds amd it can’t communicate with it, or most other basic settings tests tbh.
Any ideas from the hive mind?
I’ll post a scan up shortly when I get back in the house and thaw out a little.

So here is my current scan. :oops:
I'm really not sure where to start due to there being so many communication errors.
Any pointers gratefully received.
I'm about to start searching my way through the forum posts.

Attachments

• Log-VW51ALY-WV1ZZZ7HZHH112736-208630km-129636mi.txt
    67.2 KB · Views: 12
Back