Dub Haus Build Thread

Great build thread @DubHaus hope you are on the mend.

I didn’t know the cruise went up in 1mph increments by using the set and res buttons either :rolleyes:

Great build thread @DubHaus hope you are on the mend.

I didn’t know the cruise went up in 1mph increments by using the set and res buttons either :rolleyes:
@t6blo cheers :thumbsup: Loving it.

On the mend thanks and taking it easy.

Trying to do little bits to keep myself busy, but note to self, don’t use sharp instruments whilst on blood thinners :rolleyes:

@david173 Amazing :thumbsup: really clear, definitely worth the money! Hopefully I'll be fit enough in the next week or two to install the matching Sub.
awesome, hope your also on the mend!
really like the audi fabric. does it have some give in it to form the pillar shape or was it tricky?
whats your plan with the grab handles?

My Brother in Law gave me a hand to finish off the heater install. So much easier on a ramp :thumbsup:

T Piece into return line
990B970F-A671-4F48-8EFF-D3EBF10EA9A4.jpeg

Pump mounted
1797E2BB-2C40-46EE-BAF2-3C7F4295D8F3.jpeg

Ignore fuel line, changed my mind where to locate pump

and now it’s toastie :thumbsup:
C6BD1A68-BA14-4C90-BA84-D3D2A7D06E5B.jpeg

Happy days ;)

awesome, hope your also on the mend!
really like the audi fabric. does it have some give in it to form the pillar shape or was it tricky?
whats your plan with the grab handles?
@david173 Yes, on the mend and bouncing back thanks :thumbsup:

Yes, the fabric has some give and stretch and seems to form around the contours fairly well. I went for the A Post first as it's probably the most complicated in terms of shape and contours and it works well so hopefully the rest should be OK too.

Grab Handles, I'm looking for the Charcoal / Black ones from VW or TPS. Part Numbers are the same as the ones on there already but prefixed 7h0 not 7e0. I'll post back when I've had some luck in getting hold of them :thumbsup:

Really like the A pillar fabric choice. Nice to see something different from the usual alcantara/suede flex etc.
@The Van Cave Thanks :thumbsup: It's very similar to the fabric in the Mk6 Golf GTI (probably the same!) and I really loved the interior of mine :)

@david173 Yes, on the mend and bouncing back thanks :thumbsup:

Yes, the fabric has some give and stretch and seems to form around the contours fairly well. I went for the A Post first as it's probably the most complicated in terms of shape and contours and it works well so hopefully the rest should be OK too.

Grab Handles, I'm looking for the Charcoal / Black ones from VW or TPS. Part Numbers are the same as the ones on there already but prefixed 7h0 not 7e0. I'll post back when I've had some luck in getting hold of them :thumbsup:
glad you are.

thank you i'm tempted to shamelessly copy... good idea would be good to hear if you can source them, if not I guess you could spray the moonrock ones black as a backup option.

keep up the mods and the build thread, enjoy seeing it coming along

glad you are.

thank you i'm tempted to shamelessly copy... good idea would be good to hear if you can source them, if not I guess you could spray the moonrock ones black as a backup option.

keep up the mods and the build thread, enjoy seeing it coming along
Cheers @david173 :thumbsup: I think I've sourced a pair of T5 Black A Post Grab Handles, but not 100% definite! I'll keep you posted.

Well they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery ;) I got my headliner material from Fabric UK >> This One << and I used the Dodomat high temp contact adhesive to fix it to the panels :thumbsup:

Popped down to see the lads at OVANO for one of their Switch Narrow Systems
6179F02E-220D-4C41-91E4-09181F5E110E.jpeg
C44FD0E5-3273-4FE6-946F-60700CEA8DE5.jpeg
A3B3E3E1-4201-40D5-8CFC-3EF15D3A7C0F.jpeg

Very happy with it :thumbsup: Picked up the Forty Winks Mattress too and spent last night down on the Jurassic Coast, Swanage, and had a great nights sleep

3B35D224-F04F-4177-92C5-04EC8C7EA50B.jpeg

701B5048-7A32-4CFF-BC0C-D6FCA7B17B91.jpeg

Cab headliner finally out!

9D067EDB-6F22-4EEC-B0F7-AF82D32C1549.jpeg

and I thought I’d lake a look at ambient lighting in the overhead console

1F847622-93AF-4CB8-B5A3-E082154B59AC.jpeg

Now I’m not so sure this is going to fit

FEF32105-970D-4D66-99C1-BC212502F99F.jpeg

Hmmmm…..

Last edited:
Now to try and sort black buttons! Seems that the MK7 Golf ones are a lot bigger!
0469A2AB-4449-4292-841D-3BF09630DCDE.jpeg
Back to the drawing board

Back