EGR Delete

Is it possible to map out the egr and leave the pdf in place ? I have a pendle remap in my 2017 102 it drives really well ,however the egr is a pain after 6 flushes and a new egr in May
im looking for a solution after the eml came on with the egr fault code again

Is it possible to map out the egr and leave the pdf in place ? I have a pendle remap in my 2017 102 it drives really well ,however the egr is a pain after 6 flushes and a new egr in May
im looking for a solution after the eml came on with the egr fault code again
My EGR was deleted and mapped out by @Dav-Tec and yes, I still have the DPF in place and working as standard…. no issues.

Hi. Anyone had an issue where the egr was deleted and blanked off at both ends on a 2017 204hp bitdi T6 and when you put it in Drive and release the brake pedal the rpm’s become unstable jumping up and down from 900 to 600. As soon as you press the throttle it is fine.
Wasn’t happening before the egr delete so must be a bad map?
Egr was blanked off on both ends - from the back of the engine and in the front.

Hi. Anyone had an issue where the egr was deleted and blanked off at both ends on a 2017 204hp bitdi T6 and when you put it in Drive and release the brake pedal the rpm’s become unstable jumping up and down from 900 to 600. As soon as you press the throttle it is fine.
Wasn’t happening before the egr delete so must be a bad map?
Egr was blanked off on both ends - from the back of the engine and in the front.
PM sent @allo

Recently got this done and so far so good. While he was in there I got the guy to do a remap (but with low torque to save my 5speed box) and its worked wonders.

For the newer model it has to be removed via ecu remap and you can buy the blanking plate kit from Darkside Developments.
Speak to Dav-Tec for any more detailed info, but as no one has replied to your thread thought I’d give you my basic knowledge.

Thanks for the help guys. I have had it mapped out now, just got the blanking to do. Doesn't look as straightforward as the old egr, has this had are 3 feeds ? 2 rubber pipes and 1 feed from side of block.
I'll get on to darkside

Thanks for the help guys. I have had it mapped out now, just got the blanking to do. Doesn't look as straightforward as the old egr, has this had are 3 feeds ? 2 rubber pipes and 1 feed from side of block.
I'll get on to darkside
Some people have reported that the blanking plates supplied by Darkside are thick and difficult to fit. There are plenty of options on Ebay.

After checking darksides website, the kit doesn't contain anything for the water side of things.
Am I being really stupid here what happens to the water side as my cooler is leaking.

Screenshot_20230728_165347_Chrome.jpg

After checking darksides website, the kit doesn't contain anything for the water side of things.
Am I being really stupid here what happens to the water side as my cooler is leaking.

View attachment 207454
You don’t need to do anything with the cooling, just make sure the blanking plates go direct to the cooler if possible then if there is a coolant leak into the EGR plus a split pipe you won’t loose coolant.

What is the risk level of the EGR disintegration on a CXEC 199 Bi turbo fitted to a late T6?

The van is lovely to drive and if I could leave it standard I absolutely would but having seen the pictures on previous models with disintegrated fins Its definitely a worry.

Back