Finally got a VW Transporter

SPOGill

Hi all, we have finally bought our first VW Transporter and we love it. We are not sure yet what we are doing to it as at present it is used mostly for fishing trips, we have slept in it for one night on a full size memory foam mattress and have a great time. It is soundproofed and carpeted throughout so its kinda ready to start tailoring it for what we want to do in it. One thing I am keen to sort out is the front cab flooring, I want a really good quality rubber mat to fit across the whole floor and not budge possibly with the VW decal on them, does anyone have any ideas and where I should look for them. Thanks.

Reactions: CAB
nice one and congrats! try rugs for bugs, they do carpet and rubber options

I'm looking for the same thing but not pressed the button yet but rugs for bugs in the lead, the OEM VW matts looks awesome but doesn't cover the walk through

Rubber mats are good because you can jet wash them but beware they do tend to smell. We’ve got a complete rubber mat in the cab area and it doesn’t budge so it gets a tick on that point but it took us a while to work out what the smell was. I will probably keep the rubber mat for winter use but plan to put a carpet version in for summer.

Welcome to the club! We all love our vans and what you can use them for. My wife thinks we've spent a fortune on a camper, but due to lockdown limiting our ability to plan weekends away I've discovered that what we've really got is a perfect golfing tour bus! Four guys, four sets of clubs, four electric trolleys and 4 kit bags, and still loads of leg room for the guys travelling in the back, one of whom is 6'4". It's so much nicer travelling in one vehicle - makes the weekend away and the journey much more enjoyable.

Back