New Transporter - first official pic

Just seen the new T7 on the road for the first time.
It’s worse than we think guys.
It’s like a cross between a new Citroen an old Renault traffic and a transformer.
Mods need to introduce a puke emoji for us to use just for the T7
All the appeal that the transporter had over all the other vans hasn’t just been lost but completely dumped on.
The only VW about it was the badge on the front and back.
There wasn’t a single angle that you looked at it and thought it looked ok.
It doesn’t
It just looks shit !
A Multivan?
I don't even think you can configure a new T7 on VW's website yet, can you?

A Multivan?
I don't even think you can configure a new T7 on VW's website yet, can you?
Yes said multivan on back. Was a goldy brown colour. Had windows in it.
I was driving and so was the T7 so I couldn’t take pics. But came across it twice yesterday. I followed it so seen how bowfing the back really is and seen it coming towards me with that new Citroen looking minging front end.
It also looked shit from the side with that transit rear quarter.
I wasn’t joking when I said earlier that I rather have the real one the Ford transit custom.

Different van and, AFAIK, the Multivan is nothing to do with the joint venture with Ford. It's built on VW's MQB architecture

Different van and, AFAIK, the Multivan is nothing to do with the joint venture with Ford. It's built on VW's MQB architecture
Indeed. The Multivan is the T7, and despite my reservations reports are that it is very decent to drive. The scalable architecture means it can be easily produced on any production line already in use for manufacturing an MBQ vehicle, which is the whole point.

Note it's architecture, and not platform. Key dimensions share the same scaleable relationship in 3D space so door hinges, suspension pick up points, engine mount fixing locations, are all mathematically common, so the robots know where everything goes without retooling.

The actual structure is not shared with any other VW product, as would have happened in the old days of platform sharing where common floorpans, bulkhead and substructure, or modified versions thereof, were often used across radically different vehicles.

The Transit based effort is not a T7, it is simply Transporter, and we should not do it the honour of calling it T7. That may generate acceptance among buyers less well acquainted with its ancestry, which is doubtless something VW would be happy to see without them actually having to be misleading (again) themselves.

I'm lost
We went to VWCV in Northampton when the Multivan was launched and had a nose round for our programme.
Their Sales Manager told me that wasn't being called the T7, which would be reserved for the new commercial vehicle. All of the press I'm reading about the Ford Transporter is calling it a T7 (although I am also aware that the Multivan gets called the T7).

Reactions: CAB
I don't think it would grow on you over time either, although it's very nice inside
It looked just like the pics on this thread. Same front end and same transit rear quarter panel and transformer back.
It doesn’t look like a VW at all.
It’s not a good looking van in the slightest.
As much as I hate transits the transit custom is miles and miles better looking

Google "VW T7" and the official VW sites bring up the Multivan. You won't find the Ford built van referred to as T7 officially by VW anywhere.

And this early road test of the Multivan. "...the only model of the three with T7 officially in its job description..."

I think the T7 moniker has quickly become a universal colloquial term for the Ford based item and everyone knows exactly what it means, but officially it is just "Transporter." It will probably be forever known as such by the masses.

Back