If youre definitely going to use a multiflex board then get the Caravelle seat and then youll be guaranteed that it will match up with the board. Also,not sure where you are sourcing your parts from but here,there are a lot of Caravelle seats for sale which would make it a lot easier to get one. Good luck

If youre definitely going to use a multiflex board then get the Caravelle seat and then youll be guaranteed that it will match up with the board. Also,not sure where you are sourcing your parts from but here,there are a lot of Caravelle seats for sale which would make it a lot easier to get one. Good luck
Yep I'm waiting for a reply from slidepods, and also weighing up getting the seats and rails elsewhere.. we'll see..

Hi Stuart, how did you work out where to mount the rails and drill the holes please? About the embark on this and keen to figure this out before I start. Thank you

Hi there, just a query - with regards to the floor thickness required - im thinking a 3mm vinyl flooring - i cant get altro here.. what thickness of ply do i need? i have my old 12mm floor that i can use as a base floor (on the 9mm battens etc..). i tried to measure last night with wood (i got 32mm) but its not easy as i want to ensure that there is enough give to insert the covers and the plastics.. would you use a rubber type matting which would give a little?

would be great if anyone had guide for fitting the rails and seats, I'm about to embark on fitting some myself but struggling to find clear steps.

would be great if anyone had guide for fitting the rails and seats, I'm about to embark on fitting some myself but struggling to find clear steps.
If you do a search on here there is a thread dedicated to fitting the rails.

If you do a search on here there is a thread dedicated to fitting the rails.
It's this one amongst others! He's wanting a guide.. there isn't really one but basically: possible to do on drive with ramps, easier on a lift.
Take off all underneath plastics and some hestshields. Move the exhaust to the side to give access. Remove rear wheels - makes it easier for access. Remove the fuel tank but can leave it hanging if supported.. I'll attach a few photos later.

ok im not managing to attach photos for some reason.. but @Damowamo what van do you have? I have a lwb kombi and it was a 9seater so i already had some of the holes in the floor. this made it easier to line up and know where to drill in the floor. Then (after protecting the newly drilled metal appropriately) you insert the square headed bolts and the reinforcing brackets with the rivets and torque up the nuts. Then you go about putting it all together and install the floor and the seat.

Thanks I've searched the forums but doesnt appear to be anything which provides some order of how to do it (correctly). There appears to be some useful points so will muster through.
I've a lwb t6 and adding caravelle rear seats. Ill take it slow and make sure i get it right

Thanks I've searched the forums but doesnt appear to be anything which provides some order of how to do it (correctly). There appears to be some useful points so will muster through.
I've a lwb t6 and adding caravelle rear seats. Ill take it slow and make sure i get it right
Uuhhmm - the 1st pages of this thread no??

@Damowamo what do you need with regards to more info? a step by step guide? parts list? more pictures?

The order is pretty simple (im not being cheeky, just stating facts). You need to remove the plastics and heat shields & fuel tank to access the necessary fixing points. Moving the exhaust helps with access too. Removing the rear wheels does the same. I also removed the spare wheel and bracket.

You then need to drill the holes and protect them.

you then fit the rails and bolts and supports.

then the flooring and seats.

This is the DIY version, if you wish it done by colin @Vwt5 in oxford and you're in the UK you're in luck.. or Bognor - they also do it. I am in Switzerland and was going to do it with Colin but he was unwell, then Bognor but they needed the van a week and i couldnt justify a weeks holiday in the UK.. and @slidepods never got back to me with the quote so i'll never know (2nd time that!)..

Back