DLRs should only work with ignition on or engine running - mine work with the lights switched off or with the sidelights on. Once I switch the dipped headlights on the DRLs turn off. (Unless someone has changed the function to keep the DRLs off when handbrake on - not standard from factory I believe).

The DRLs on my H7s didn't work at first as one bulb was not making contact so I had to fiddle with the bulb in the holder to make sure there was good contact. The other bulb holder was not inserted and locked properly.

DLRs should only work with ignition on or engine running - mine work with the lights switched off or with the sidelights on. Once I switch the dipped headlights on the DRLs turn off. (Unless someone has changed the function to keep the DRLs off when handbrake on - not standard from factory I believe).

The DRLs on my H7s didn't work at first as one bulb was not making contact so I had to fiddle with the bulb in the holder to make sure there was good contact. The other bulb holder was not inserted and locked properly.
In my quick test, the engine was running but with the hand brake on.

Is this the DRL?1000015277.jpg

That's the DRL. Does the DRLs work on your H4 headlights? If so, then should work fine on H7s. Check the DRL bulbs are properly inserted. And if they are LED; try turning them 180 degs in case they only work in one position. (positive to positive and negative to negative)

If they are pre MY 2019 headlights, the DRL bulb holder only makes contact when it is properly inserted.

Just a quick update, the hand brake needs to be down for the DRL to work. Just found out
Sounds strange, so if you're on an incline with the handbrake on the your lights would be deactivated?

Sounds strange, so if you're on an incline with the handbrake on the your lights would be deactivated?
As soon as I put my handbrake down they lights came on. My van is a 2019 high line, yes, my drive is on an incline with the front end down.. perhaps easier to say a decline??

This was after I installed mine, and my drive is steep, so handbrake firmly on.

DSC_5230.JPG

I can't explain it..

For those that want to know.

There is a difference between my headlights.

One is a 2017 and the DRL is completely loose
The other is 2019 and DRL is connected

PXL_20231019_162853234.jpg

PXL_20231019_163151754.jpg

As I said, I think as standard the DRLs stay on regardless of handbrake on or not. There's an option to code the DRLs off when handbrake on. Presumably for people like the Police who like to stay unlit during those stake-out ops.....

These are still available?

No £100.

I have fogs and parking sensors so I left the bumper on. You can do it by pulling each corner forward just enough to get at the bolts. Be careful of the grill though; very sharp and sliced the end of my finger on it.

Managed to bag these for £50 delivered.

Now just have to brace myself for removing the bumper to swap out my old H4s...
Make sure you get Osram Nightbreakers in before you fit the lights

Bumper can be off in 10 minutes and back on in 10 once practiced.
I have fogs and parking sensors so I left the bumper on. You can do it by pulling each corner forward just enough to get at the bolts. Be careful of the grill though; very sharp and sliced the end of my finger on it.
If you have removed enough fixings to do that, you're almost there to pull the whole bumper off. See comment above, can be removed in 10 minutes once practiced. And fogs + sensors is one connector on drivers side to disconnect.

I did similar. I just supported the bumper underneath so I could lower it a couple of inches once the upper fasteners were undone. No need to unplug my fogs and more than enough room for the headlight bolts.

Reactions: CAB
Back