Just did mine this morning, as @Snowy22 said get one of those tools or a few trim tools, to make life easy. Much easier with bumper fully off btw, did mine on my own and had zero issues refitting

Ordered one from Amazon immediately.

Just felt like I was chewing up the plastic with my attempts.

Do you, or anyone know what clip I will need to replace with if I break it?

May be worth me getting in some spares!

Thanks again

Chris
I’ve had mine off a few times and to be honest those side clips are pretty sturdy. The ones that hold mine on aren’t round they have two flat sides if that makes sense? I always make sure to put them back in with the ‘flats’ facing left/right rather than top/bottom, makes getting them out next time easier as you can get the trim tool in there straight rather than having to turn it sideways. The clips that always break are the ones that hold the top part of the grill to the body under the bonnet, worth having some of those. Have a look on vehicleclips.co.uk lots on there with descriptions of their placements

Just bought a box with loads of clips in hope if breaks can replace easily enough
Can you post a link to them please. I’ll be attempting mine once I’ve got a new upper and lower grill with DRLs and be good to have some spares should it go a Pete tong.

Ordered one from Amazon immediately.

Just felt like I was chewing up the plastic with my attempts.

Do you, or anyone know what clip I will need to replace with if I break it?

May be worth me getting in some spares!

Thanks again

Chris
Also link to this tool.
I have a bunch of plastic trim tools but if this is tried and tested I’ll roll with it.

100Pcs Car Body Trim Clips, Plastic Car Retainer Clips, Bumper Fender Retainer Clips Liner Fixed Clips Fasteners Tool, Universal Car Auto Body Fastener Rivet Trim Clips https://amzn.eu/d/2PK7C3s

Hope something useful in there

Good luck whoever gets! Great price. My saga on headlights ended thanks to this forum. Drove back from lakes today, much happier with h7!!
Excellent.
I’ve got a set of H7’s in the garage that I’ve fitted all brand new bulbs into. Osram nightbreakers 200% just waiting for some other bits that I want to fit at the same time I have the bumper off to save taking it off twice.

But……. I keep looking at these THQ ones and think should I shouldn’t I. @Pewt has thrown a massive spanner in my works with his HID THQs.

I want that one…..

These came in my H7’s as DRL lights.
Does anyone know if these will throw up the bulb error light and are these any good?
Wondering whether to try them or swap them for the Twenty20 ones people on here use?

IMG_4642.jpeg

IMG_4641.jpeg

@LBird80 Just plug the new lights in and test them before starting to fit them. The wiring will just about reach the new lights propped on top of the slam panel.

Back