In all fairness if you think of all the AA, RAC and various business user VW T6s that are still on the road despite the H4 headlight it's really only this forum where we get upset that a commercial vehicle headlight isn't as good as that on a £35k car. :whistle:
Very true. Personally I’m happy enough. GT200 bulbs and they’re fine, it’s a camper not a sports car, I’m not out-driving my night vision.

I don’t personally think aftermarket lights with fish eye projectors (literally designed to cut the light off) and H1 full beams (I sold a previous vehicle that used H1 in both full and dipped units as that was truly unsafe at night) are worth the huge sum they cost, even if there is a small improvement.

Very true. Personally I’m happy enough. GT200 bulbs and they’re fine, it’s a camper not a sports car, I’m not out-driving my night vision.

I don’t personally think aftermarket lights with fish eye projectors (literally designed to cut the light off) and H1 full beams (I sold a previous vehicle that used H1 in both full and dipped units as that was truly unsafe at night) are worth the huge sum they cost, even if there is a small improvement.
That's the beauty of these vans imo, you do it your way and enjoy what you like. Personally I think the H4 dipped beams are appalling, particularly on the pitch black country roads around me. The last few cars I've had and my Cali had factory LEDs and while I don't expect that level of illumination I'd like to improve what I've got and I don't want to go down the THQ led route so here I am :)

That's the beauty of these vans imo, you do it your way and enjoy what you like.
Spot on. I’m not knocking anyone for doing their own, hopefully it didn’t come across like that.

When you’ve owned a Citroen Xantia though you know how bad things can really get!

In all fairness if you think of all the AA, RAC and various business user VW T6s that are still on the road despite the H4 headlight it's really only this forum where we get upset that a commercial vehicle headlight isn't as good as that on a £35k car. :whistle:
I'm with you on this, I have standard lights on my t6 and perfectly fine to me in different weather/light conditions. What really bugs me is several vehicles with day lights that are still bright during the day and can still blind you!

1005 and 1006 for left and right side. The letter will designate the age. A oldest, B second oldest etc.....the early one will have the older drl bulb holder which is prone to burning out

This helps a lot!!

So these are the oldest and will most likely need DRL fitting replacement?

Total costs:
- They go for 80 euro's a piece, might get a better deal if bought together. = €160,-

Left + right OSRAM night breaker h7 LED Gen2 = 2x €99,95 = 200,- ? Or just 2 in total?

Any additional things? Adapters needed?
Not sure where i can get the DRL fix done, sounds like the dealer knows his price.

Are there units which dont require the DRL fix?

Thanks

Screenshot_20240419-094453.png

Screenshot_20240419-094429.png

Screenshot_20240419-094345.png

Screenshot_20240419-094317.png

I'm not sure when the Drl fix version came out, probably C od D designate I should think. You can test fit before putting the bumper back on to make sure everything works fine.

This helps a lot!!

Total costs:
- They go for 80 euro's a piece, might get a better deal if bought together. = €160,-

Left + right OSRAM night breaker h7 LED Gen2 = 2x €99,95 = 200,- ? Or just 2 in total?

Not sure where i can get the DRL fix done, sounds like the dealer knows his price.

Thanks

View attachment 237683

View attachment 237684

View attachment 237685

View attachment 237686

I'm not sure when the Drl fix version came out, probably C od D designate I should think. You can test fit before putting the bumper back on to make sure everything works fine.

F and G

This helps a lot!!

Total costs:

Thanks

View attachment 237683

View attachment 237684

View attachment 237685

View attachment 237686
There's a long thread on DRL holders, if you are confident to wire them in it is apparently straightforward, I'm not so I found a new replacement unit.

There's a long thread on DRL holders, if you are confident to wire them in it is apparently straightforward, I'm not so I found a new replacement unit.
Yeah they are mega easy to wire. I've got two sets as I bought prefix A, which I had to repair so they're staying in the van. Then I bought a set of prefix E but realised they've still got the older style DRL holders, they'll be up for sale soon.

Yeah they are mega easy to wire. I've got two sets as I bought prefix A, which I had to repair so they're staying in the van. Then I bought a set of prefix E but realised they've still got the older style DRL holders, they'll be up for sale soon.
I might be interested, depending on the price and if you would be able to ship to the Netherlands. Ill send you a PM

Okay a last Check

I can buy a set of h7 headlights with F markings for 200 euro's.

By comparison, a h7 unit with LED lights in them, how is that compared to a full LED head unit? By percentage?

Like units equiped with LED: H4 =20%, H7 = 70% Full led = 100%?

How should i look at it?

I wonder if i should go with the h7 or LED matrix 6.1 look full LED. €450 vs €850 ish

Reactions: CAB
Okay a last Check

I can buy a set of h7 headlights with F markings for 200 euro's.

By comparison, a h7 unit with LED lights in them, how is that compared to a full LED head unit? By percentage?

Like units equiped with LED: H4 =20%, H7 = 70% Full led = 100%?

How should i look at it?

I wonder if i should go with the h7 or LED matrix 6.1 look full LED. €450 vs €850 ish
THQ should be bringing out their full LED lamp units for T6 soon (unless they already did and I missed it). I’d go for those looking at the video of them, just my 2p worth.

Much Appreciated, any reasons why you would recommend them over others?

I was looking at these:

Would be curious to your opinion. The units on the Transporter HQ site seem to be quite a bit more expensive.

Back