H7 Headlamp - Changing DRL Bulb

Drastic as it might seem, you are probably better taking the bumper off and removing the headlights so that you can see what you are doing.

H7 headlights suffer from heat damage on the DRL lamps, some people had them changed under warranty as its a known issue
You may be suffering this and the plastic may have been overheated and causing it to not pass through the opening ?

Hi guys, I’ve got it out!! The metal contact on the side of the bulb holder had bent and stopped me from removing the bulb holder.

Is anyone able to order the upgraded bulb holder (a I haven’t got a TPS account and my local won’t sell to the public) or know where I can get one from that isn’t TPS.

Thanks

There's not much difference in non trade prices at TPS and the dealers on non stock parts like this.

Yeah I’ve just found the thread it’s either a case finding some old versions like mine or trying my luck at soldering the upgraded version on.

If anyone has an old style lying around I’d greatly appreciate rehoming it.

Not a simple switch, needs a bit of soldering.. there is a thread somewhere....
Did you manage to find one for your headlight? I’m looking for a near side one.

Hi All,

I have a 2017 caravelle and the small light bulb below the headlight has stopped working. I have access to the bulb holder it looks like a lever how does this come out ? I don't want to break anything. Do you just pull it back ? I have attached a picture to show the bulb I'm talking about.
Thanks

IMG_20220921_090645.jpg

I think it rotates 90’ then pulls out. I did mine with the headlight out and it was still difficult as the angle is awkward.

I had one fail last year and it turned out to be the bulb holder melting in the headlight. I ended up buying another headlight.

I've now got the same bulb out on the other side which I hope isn't the same fault. Is this common?

Just wanted to say a massive thank to the forum. Clear pictures here and instructions meant when mine went I popped the bulb out fairly easily, checked the bulb and holder, fine so cut the wires and soldered the updated holder in and while I did have to move the battery to cut the wires it all went back in and is working. Even used my new heat gun to shrink wrap the wires.
What a relief.
Thank you all
Toby

Edit:
Just managed to get it loose...

--------

Okay, help!

Super happy here with the new h7's in the box and want to swap the DRL before installing the units.

But, would not be the first time I broke something plastic and I preferably go for better save than sorry.

So i have the headlights OUT in my hands, its the left unit. So i am looking right into the back of the Light.

Should I turn this lever counter-clock wise 45°? It doesnt move at al, I fear I will crack it;

17213317324603918523317333194066.jpg
It is a 2019 model, so should be the one with the updated DRL mechanism

Thanks!

Reactions: CAB
Back