Has anyone done an EGR delete on a Eu5?

I am on a forum specifically based around the EGR cooler issues with the 180 BiT engine. There is a fairly even mix of people who have either kept or got rid of their DPF following EGR removal or blanking, and I haven't seen anyone complain about one or the other direction causing further problems. When I researched the problem initially I was told (by a very reputable company who have replaced hundreds of these engines) that it was your own choice of whether to keep or get rid of the DPF. I would be more concerned about your driving habits etc. with regards to the DPF blocking or not. I do not believe there is any reason that removing the cooler will prevent the DPF from regenerating, certainly not if you get a map from someone who knows what they are doing.
Do you have link to the forum...I'd be interest in any garages in the North east if anyone has recommendations? .This is something I was interested in doing but dont want to get rid of the dpf for fear of mot failure. Thanks

EGR Delete complete. So far so good. Engine feels more responsive on the pedal. Less lag.

Mpg is up to about 43 around town. All in all very happy

EGR Delete complete. So far so good. Engine feels more responsive on the pedal. Less lag.

Mpg is up to about 43 around town. All in all very happy
Which route did you go down ? I've just order a tafmet emulator..awaiting delivery

Hi,

I managed to get to 43k miles before my EML came on. Tried routine of adding Millers and giving it some good runs - light went out - but then has been coming back on earlier and earlier and now is permanently on. Diagnosis is Glowplugs 2, 3 & 4 need replacing and of course EGR unit is blocked - giving EGR insufficient flow error.

Independent garage have given option of replacement unit at £705 all in - they did advise unit has been modified and offers 2 year warranty. Or option of Remap and Blanking.

Having done research I was hoping when I took it to garage they would offer remap route. Garage owner has a T6 himself - I asked him if he were me what he would do - he confirmed feedback of remap is good, heard odd comment re DPF regens, but also EGR unit has been modified so should perform better - but then ultimately likely to block again...

I'm just after confidence that remap doesn't have any knock on efforts - my understanding is will just burn off in exhaust rather than going through EGR - sorry I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to engine. Just concerned if any DPF issues likely down the line - as any remedial work is likely to be very expensive.

Appreciate this is a recent post - howver @Texxaco, @Steve1978 (@WillWillWill - I'm not ignoring your thoughts - but obviously you went for entire removal route rather than remap route) just wanted reassurance that all seems good on your side since remap was done?

Just one question - van is 5 speed 102 engine - if I wanted to have remap - i.e. to increase bhp, torque etc would it overwrite EGR remap??

Thanks in advance

So mine is the 102. I had a remap to about 160 about 2 years back. And had the EGR delete about 1000 miles ago. So far all good. I have kept the 160bhp map.

I’m very happy with it. It feels much better. Pulling in 4th or 5th when I would usually drop down a gear is no longer needed. It seems a bit quieter. Just generally feels like a better vehicle.

Can’t comment on longevity as I haven’t had the trial of time yet but I’m pretty confident. The guy who did it said he has done hundreds and never had any dpf issues come back to him.

So mine is the 102. I had a remap to about 160 about 2 years back. And had the EGR delete about 1000 miles ago. So far all good. I have kept the 160bhp map.

I’m very happy with it. It feels much better. Pulling in 4th or 5th when I would usually drop down a gear is no longer needed. It seems a bit quieter. Just generally feels like a better vehicle.

Can’t comment on longevity as I haven’t had the trial of time yet but I’m pretty confident. The guy who did it said he has done hundreds and never had any dpf issues come back to him.

Thanks for the quick response - appreciated. I'd be doing mine the other way - i.e. EGR delete remap first then possibly Engine remap - so given your post seems they can live side by side - i.e. don't overwrite each other...

My van has an intermittent judder in first - hence why not had engine remap done. Could be DMF, or seems a characteristic of the van for many - I need to get the EGR sorted then worry about possible replacement DFF & Clutch lol!

Yes - all the feedback does seem positive. I've always been a replace like for like person - but spending £700 and knowing it WILL come back some time in the future so same expense again just seems wrong. If I were to replace like for like I just know I'll have that 'dread' feeling - i.e. every time I turn the engine on hoping the light doesn't appear!!

Hi,

I managed to get to 43k miles before my EML came on. Tried routine of adding Millers and giving it some good runs - light went out - but then has been coming back on earlier and earlier and now is permanently on. Diagnosis is Glowplugs 2, 3 & 4 need replacing and of course EGR unit is blocked - giving EGR insufficient flow error.

Independent garage have given option of replacement unit at £705 all in - they did advise unit has been modified and offers 2 year warranty. Or option of Remap and Blanking.

Having done research I was hoping when I took it to garage they would offer remap route. Garage owner has a T6 himself - I asked him if he were me what he would do - he confirmed feedback of remap is good, heard odd comment re DPF regens, but also EGR unit has been modified so should perform better - but then ultimately likely to block again...

I'm just after confidence that remap doesn't have any knock on efforts - my understanding is will just burn off in exhaust rather than going through EGR - sorry I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to engine. Just concerned if any DPF issues likely down the line - as any remedial work is likely to be very expensive.

Appreciate this is a recent post - howver @Texxaco, @Steve1978 (@WillWillWill - I'm not ignoring your thoughts - but obviously you went for entire removal route rather than remap route) just wanted reassurance that all seems good on your side since remap was done?

Just one question - van is 5 speed 102 engine - if I wanted to have remap - i.e. to increase bhp, torque etc would it overwrite EGR remap??

Thanks in advance
@ahappychappie since my EGR delete and remap I have not seen or felt anything negative on my van. The van now pulls very well indeed with no hesitation at all. I do have the DSG box however I had the EGR delete and engine map done prior to the DSG remap and can confirm the huge change was very noticeable.

As for the EGR delete, nothing to report, my DPF regens have decreased, if that is due to the EGR i am I unsure.

All positive so far I am pleased to say.

My EGR delete and remaps were done by @Dav-Tec who is highly recommended and not just by me.

Hi,

Thanks in advance
102 5 speed vehicles are much better mapped. We do the whole lot in one go for no extra cost. @T6ARF has an EU6 engined 102 T6 did his earlier in the week no issues. It's down to how it's mapped below is data log result from before and after we mapped the van. Van previously had a map on there by a well know tuner. Boost kicked in hard and died off early. Our comes in steadier but holds through the rev range this is much friendlier and better for the engine and gearbox.

Your not far away. Drop us a PM we can sort you out no issues.

received_789067165637307.jpeg

received_913562356266773.jpeg

Thanks all - as expected feedback seems positive so think EGR delete is the way to go....

Dav-Tec just sent you a PM..

Thanks

Thanks all - as expected feedback seems positive so think EGR delete is the way to go....

Dav-Tec just sent you a PM..

Thanks
Just as a matter of interest, what did the independent garage quote you for remap & blanking?

Exactly what @Steve1978 said - my EU6 102 is so much quieter now; it just feels and drives like a much better van!

I (accidentally... :whistle:) agreed to a remap when my - inevitable - EGR issue was being sorted, after repeatedly talking myself out of doing it. Now kicking myself for waiting so long.

Hi all, thinking of getting my egr deleted and remapped, eml light is on more than its off at the moment. Does getting this done affect the MOT?

My 17plate Euro 6 has gone through 2 mots now since the egr was mapped out and blanked off. No probs. Dpf regens have stayed the same mileage intervals. Probably done about 18k miles no issues.
Bonus is that I still have a 204 engine that at 135k has only used 2/3 of a litre of oil in the last 7000 miles.

No, it’s exactly the same as it was other than it’s quieter, performs better and it’s more reliable.

There are no negatives

Back