Help! No more electricity from the alternator? Or something else?

The relevant ones were captured in screenshots in post #32.

Those voltages look normal - but different than controller 61 (battery regulator) is reporting :speechless:
The battery light is still on but now for some reason I'm only getting just under 12v across the battery when the engine is running?

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
The relevant ones were captured in screenshots in post #32.

Those voltages look normal - but different than controller 61 (battery regulator) is reporting :speechless:
I wish I had checked to see if I still had the red battery light when it was reading 13.7V this evening.

Perhaps it was alternator's last gasp. Most likely the alternator is of traditional type with brushes (although not easily replaceable anymore) - they sometimes worked for a couple of days after their first symptoms.
I wish I had checked to see if I still had the red battery light when it was reading 13.7V this evening.
I wouldn't be surprised if it would charge again next morning.

Perhaps it was alternator's last gasp. Most likely the alternator is of traditional type with brushes (although not easily replaceable anymore) - they sometimes worked for a couple of days after their first symptoms.

I wouldn't be surprised if it would charge again next morning.
Thank you,
It would make sense as I had just turned the van around so it gave me more room to work if I had to.
I am going to get under the van tomorrow to see if I can check any wiring and then order an alternator if needed, I have ordered pins from Amazon to put the front into service mode.

Had the van running for 10 minutes and was getting over 13.5v on the battery with the red battery light off, went to run a test on vcds and the light came back on.Typical. lol

All good now, New alternator installed and working, front suspension changed, for some with delivery miles, air filter, oil filter and oil changed.

Just about to reset faults and service prompt, then I'm done.
Thanks again to anyone that has helped me.

Back