ID Buzz

It's a similar size as a SWB Transporter. It's 5cm lower, 20cm shorter and 8cm wider in SWB form. The LWB promises to be 12" longer. Wheels base is the same between the buzz and the transporter.
Rear cargo space is much smaller. Mainly in height and length.

Went and had a look at one earlier and I love the look of it. Only downside for me is the load space will not take an 8x4 sheet. Oh, and the £60k price tag!

I have to say the price tag is a major flaw if they are looking to take on the commercial market. It will be hard to justify such a large outlay for a trade or fleet van in comparison to current ICE alternative, particularly as its smaller. Hard to really see what market they are going for? as they have the T7 :)sick:) for the people carrier/ personal car alternative?

If it is going to replace the California in the future, the California itself isn't a particularly spacious vehicle for a camper, I cant see the buzz doing this any better apart from appealing to the retro VW bus look?

Talking of price, when I was in there, I had a look around the iD5 and quite liked it. Back at home I configured one and it came out at £65k, or a 3 year lease at over £1k per month with 3 months down and 10k miles per year. :eek:

I had a look at leasing a Buzz and not to bad but not waiting over a year for it.
It was cheaper than Vauxhall or peugoet but they can put any price they like on to catch your eye if they havent got any to sell.
The load weight should be just ok for me and range looks good.

maybe VW are going more like LandRover, once a staple in the british countryside for farmers, now there are more of them in cities with 22" inch alloys and slick tyres than in muddy fields with half a bale and a few lambs in the back.
LR upped the price tag and the bling chasing the high price end of the market rather than as a workhorse

Price isn't bad I don't think.
Cargo version is £53k when I specced it up, to put it into perspective, I specced up a t6.1 SWB panel van highline to a spec I want and that came to £58k.
My 2016 t6 was £52k

I think the price is an interesting subject, as has been said above they compare directly to a well specified T6. My high spec commerce Pro Cargo’s I have on order ( with 11 options) are £46k+VAT. You can easily get a 204ps DSG Panel van to that price with as many options.

Interestingly on another subject - my first batch of Buzzes, 8 - 2 x 1st Editions and 6 x Cargo’s, are built and either on route to the port or clogging the Uk port up where dealers can’t accept them! Whereas my second batch of Buzz’s, another 10, which we’d requested to be built for the middle of the year, have also been given build weeks, some as early as week 4, which just doesn’t work for us - this seems typical of VW as I(and many of you) still have Transporters on order from 18 months ago still haven’t got a build date allocated……So if anyone is after a Buzz please get in touch.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this, Oli?
VW have been building lots of vans this last month(usually very basics spec where they haven’t got the bigger spec parts available) and now the dealers haven’t got the room to store them. I know of one dealer that turned away 6 lorry’s full of transporters the other day as they are full to capacity. All dealers are really struggling at the minute. If you look online there are lots of Pre-reg delivery mileage vans coming up for sale- as they try and hit their targets!

Reactions: Bav
I think the price is an interesting subject, as has been said above they compare directly to a well specified T6. My high spec commerce Pro Cargo’s I have on order ( with 11 options) are £46k+VAT. You can easily get a 204ps DSG Panel van to that price with as many options.

Interestingly on another subject - my first batch of Buzzes, 8 - 2 x 1st Editions and 6 x Cargo’s, are built and either on route to the port or clogging the Uk port up where dealers can’t accept them! Whereas my second batch of Buzz’s, another 10, which we’d requested to be built for the middle of the year, have also been given build weeks, some as early as week 4, which just doesn’t work for us - this seems typical of VW as I(and many of you) still have Transporters on order from 18 months ago still haven’t got a build date allocated……So if anyone is after a Buzz please get in touch.
Any of those fully specced in Mono silver, tailgate and bench seat setup and single passenger sliding door, no drivers sliding?

Any of those fully specced in Mono silver, tailgate and bench seat setup and single passenger sliding door, no drivers sliding?
The colour and seat option I have. But none with tailgate, as you can only get with glass at the minute and they aren’t secure enough for our fleet rentals. And all standard side doors.

We can certainly talk about a fresh order for you as I can’t see it being very long - we only ordered some of these a month ago!

VW have been building lots of vans this last month(usually very basics spec where they haven’t got the bigger spec parts available) and now the dealers haven’t got the room to store them. I know of one dealer that turned away 6 lorry’s full of transporters the other day as they are full to capacity. All dealers are really struggling at the minute. If you look online there are lots of Pre-reg delivery mileage vans coming up for sale- as they try and hit their targets!
Thanks for that. Hopefully this won't hold-up the shipping of my not-so-basic van which is "...in the process of being shipped to the UK".

The colour and seat option I have. But none with tailgate, as you can only get with glass at the minute and they aren’t secure enough for our fleet rentals. And all standard side doors.

We can certainly talk about a fresh order for you as I can’t see it being very long - we only ordered some of these a month ago!
Yes, bummed about the glass tailgate, useless to me, I'd have to wrap it in silver. VW did this with the caddy and released the full tailgate version later. The barn door rear lights suck and you can only have the better looking iq rear lights with the tailgate version.
Plus the configurator doesn't give the option to remove one of the side doors yet I've seen a few examples with only one side door even in VW press release.
I'll just have to be patient and wait.

I would like two singles up front with a row of three behind like my t6 kombi one or two side doors with glass and rear tail gate with glass.
Is this a spec that can be ordered in uk or possible to convert to now or when part are available.
The seats would need to be removable like the kombi to keep weight down when carrying tools.
This could be a good time for me as my t6 2016 kombi t32 high line should still be worth good money .

A Kombi doesn’t exist yet but hopefully it will soon ish. But it will have virtually no weight capacity, so pretty much pointless as a commercial vehicle.

Just had a test drive, first electric vehicle I’ve driven. It’s like a spaceship! I’d love one, but also loving not paying finance on a vehicle at the moment. Will have a serious think over Christmas

Put a deposit down for a Cargo one in June, finalised the order on 23rd August and picked it up last Wednesday. We have a T6.1 Sportline SWB Panel Van which we love but the Buzz is so much nicer to drive. The only two issues for me are the range which may cause a problem and the lack of aftermarket parts (which will improve in time). The dealer couldn't even give me any floor mats as they aren't available yet!

Back