Insurance popularity question

I hadn't received a renewal advice from Adrian Flux with 24 days before renewal, I thought I would give them a ring. Worried having had my motorcycle insurance with them jump by 20% to a massive £150 per annum.
How surprised I was when the lady came back to me with a reduction in premium of over £150 from last year, to £560.85 for the year (8000 miles) including £48k agreed value (through Trinity Lane again). This time with Ageas not Markerstudy.
Fair to say, well happy!
My Mini was with Carole Nash, underwritten with Ageas.

When I sold the car I bought the camper and Carole Nash wouldn't provide me with insurance for it, so I went to Adrian Flux and got a policy...underwritten with Ageas.

My Mini was with Carole Nash, underwritten with Ageas.

When I sold the car I bought the camper and Carole Nash wouldn't provide me with insurance for it, so I went to Adrian Flux and got a policy...underwritten with Ageas.
I wonder how many large underwriters there are for campers?

Speaking to motorcycle dealer and he said one of the biggest underwriters for motorcycle insurance has pulled out of that segment altogether. Explains why people he knows are having premiums double as a minimum and some just can’t get a renewal! My son can’t get insurance on a 450cc bike (well one company quoted £10.5k but the others all declined - bike is worth £5.5k). The dealer says he is having order cancelled because of it - people either cannot get or can no longer afford insurance on what many use as a hobby. This goes some way to explaining why dealers are starting to go bust I guess. The Government have said insurance rises in the UK are now harming the economy and are ‘pulling people around the table’ but the ABI are gaslighting as you’d expect.

Would be concerning if the camper insurance market goes the same way.

Back