Insurance popularity question

Did you get a good deal? Did you get an agreed value?
Personally I couldn't sleep at night without my immobiliser, tracker and steering lock, 2 Rottweilers, ring doorbell, gravel drive and automatic twitching curtains....
its looking to be better than last year, more miles less excess and importantly better clarity of modifications. Like you, peace of mind with Ghost 2, driveway security bollards and mechanical measures

my neighbour has a Maclaren and I am surprised he hasn't invested in bollards

its looking to be better than last year, more miles less excess and importantly better clarity of modifications. Like you, peace of mind with Ghost 2, driveway security bollards and mechanical measures
Bucking the trend. :thumbsup:

I never understand how people's insurance is so low. My old Caravelle, not made a claim in 30 years, no convictions, on the drive with one named driver (the wife) who has the same history as me, fully comp £600 last March, £628 this year just through.

I will try A-plan etc

okay after reading here I should re-quote on my renewal, it went up 70% and now I have lost the original offer. This is with Direct Line. I assumed I would still have the option of the cheaper offer, but its now disappeared. I discovered this when checking the renewal payment method tonight 24 hrs before it auto renews...

£628 to £1050 ish. One further investigation I was told (What's App chat) that is had missed the accident i had... what accident? the windscreen repair.... thats not an accident, oh yes it is... REALLY!!! So I re-quote again with the added 'accident'. £1150.... ar$e....

Admiral just came in under £650

I was traditionally an NFU customer as I always found them helpful and the premium would not charge me like a wounded bull.
But then I couldn't add a son under 25 so I was forced to look elsewhere. A-Plan (Howdens) were amazing and really very helpful to deal with.
During a recent phone call I learnt that calling before your insurance is due makes a huge difference in price. If you take out insurance the day before your policy is due then the premium was something like £200 more for no reason other than it was due the next day.

I was traditionally an NFU customer as I always found them helpful and the premium would not charge me like a wounded bull.
But then I couldn't add a son under 25 so I was forced to look elsewhere. A-Plan (Howdens) were amazing and really very helpful to deal with.
During a recent phone call I learnt that calling before your insurance is due makes a huge difference in price. If you take out insurance the day before your policy is due then the premium was something like £200 more for no reason other than it was due the next day.
Yes I always tell them I’m leaving as soon as renewal comes through then miraculously they always manage to reduce it

If you take out insurance the day before your policy is due then the premium was something like £200 more for no reason other than it was due the next day.
This has been discussed on the forum previously...

23 days before is the cheapest price point according to Martin Lewis. People who plan are deemed lower risk than those who are last minute dot com???

People who plan are deemed lower risk than those who are last minute dot com???
I suspect that people who start doing their research weeks ahead of their renewal date are people who are likely to shop around for the most competitive quote and have the time to do so.
They know that if you ask for a quote the day before your insurance runs out you don't have much time to shop around.

Reactions: Bav
23 days before is the cheapest price point according to Martin Lewis. People who plan are deemed lower risk than those who are last minute dot com???
More like they have people who leave it until the last minute by the short & curlies!

Reactions: CAB
My insurance is due on 17/06 - currently with Brentacre, so am waiting patiently for the renewal price.

Although I have a Kombi rather than a tricked out camper, the coilovers always seem to cause an issue with the mainstream private van insurance companies e.g. Aviva, Direct Line etc. and the quote is refused.

Just got a quote with LV and surprisingly they've allowed me to select a rather vague 'suspension changes' as a mod (along with alloy wheels and a rear spoiler), and the quote has been provided.

At least I have a viable alternative to Brentacre/MarkerStudy this year :)

Reactions: CAB
I got a quote from Brentacre to compare prices with my NFU renewal quote.
The Brentacre underwriter was KGM, no mention of Markerstudy who don’t have a great reputation. The quote was significantly more than NFU and no flexibility at all.

I am 63 clean licence no claims, convictions or anything else Brentacre were unable to give me a quote on a £80,000 Van Haven van. Its put me off getting my first 6.1 transporter. Any help and advice please ?

I am 63 clean licence no claims, convictions or anything else Brentacre were unable to give me a quote on a £80,000 Van Haven van. Its put me off getting my first 6.1 transporter. Any help and advice please ?
Try other insurers/brokers. They all have different acceptance criteria and it would seem that your risk was outside of Brentacre's criteria.

Back