Insurance popularity question

I'm with Brentacre and waiting for my renewal which is due 17th Nov and with Markerstudy who aren't renewing camper policies. I had a fault bump in Dec 21 with total claim £6000 and my renewal last year was £550 just £60 above previous year.
Also I know insurance cost have risen quite a lot, wife's car doubled, house ins doubled and even our dogs ins has doubled all these without making any claims whatsoever.
I have just tried Adrian Flux for a quote on my van and was really surprised as their renewal quote for my van is £535.35 .
Just waiting for Brentacre now to see how much theirs will be.

Happy John.
Update Brentacre have come back with a quote of £590 with KMG just under £55 more and I’m thinking of staying with them as they have all the mods fitted and we’re very good when I had a my fault bump nearly 2 years ago.

John.

After a fair amount of ringing around, I've gone with Adrian Flux in the end. It was only 10% more than I paid with APlan/Howden last year so pretty pleased with that.

After a fair amount of ringing around, I've gone with Adrian Flux in the end. It was only 10% more than I paid with APlan/Howden last year so pretty pleased with that.
And for an extra £75 you can get an agreed value through Trinity Lane with them. Be patient with their app! I've just phoned them to query what is going on with my policy and their phone skills are excellent! So far so good!

Nothing we don't know. but possibly of interest to some.
The most interesting part of that article (for me, at least) is how low the average premium is for Liverpool compared to other cities.

Historically, a lot of insurers wouldn't touch Liverpool - not, as most believe, because of levels of vehicle crime per se, but because of the very high incidence of general fraudulent financial activity. Less choice due to fewer insurers prepared to quote usually means higher premiums, but according to this article Liverpool doesn't even feature in the top 6 most expensive cities.

As my insurance is due next month I’ve started ringing around. I’ve tried the usual suspects which are all broadly in the same ballpark at around a 65% increase on last year with no changes in my circumstances. Whilst I appreciate things have generally gone up that is one hell of a bump in 12 months.

I've commented favourably on Ageas before here on T6F. We've been with them for three years and two claims now (both quite large with one no fault and one fault!). They dealt with both claims very efficiently and quickly with the only real delays being the wait the repairer who was one of our own choosing. I went to Ageas via JustKampers but I don't know whether you can go to them direct - has anybody done so?

Dropped on this year. RAC (broker) renewal £750. Carol Nash £501 + £26 for legal cover which is the same as I paid 2 years ago. Fonz is in the house.
Well played. Although the Fonz did use toilets as an office base so he’s to be questioned. But you can’t argue with the results

Anyone know the best insurance company for all types of travel?
Presumably, we're talking van insurance, not travel insurance?

And, define "best". Cheapest? Most comprehensive cover? Most likely to pay out? Easiest to deal with?

TBF, there's unlikely to be a single insurer that everyone rates highly - more likely a list of those to avoid (e.g. Marker Study).

discovered today that being part of the T6 forum is saving £100 on insurance with Just Campers and Sterling. There was me fretting about immobilzers. The agents could not explain the reasoning of the Underwriters???

discovered today that being part of the T6 forum is saving £100 on insurance with Just Campers and Sterling. There was me fretting about immobilzers. The agents could not explain the reasoning of the Underwriters???
Did you get a good deal? Did you get an agreed value?
Personally I couldn't sleep at night without my immobiliser, tracker and steering lock, 2 Rottweilers, ring doorbell, gravel drive and automatic twitching curtains....

Back