Internal or External Front Screen Cover - Insulated Or Not

Does anybody use the Funky Leisure (or any other) screen cover with wind deflectors?

For the past 3 years been using a External Polar Screens from Minster in Sheffield with wind deflectors fitted across Europe and in the UK. I little bigger packing wise than others, but the quality is first class. We have even been asked a few times about it by other VW owners whilst parked up. In cold weather it keeps the inside of the screen from producing any water on the screen (condesation) - in hot weather (it does get very hot here in Spain) it keeps the windscreen very cool inside and reflects heat away. Not cheap, but well worth it.
When we are "wild camping" we just use a blackout screen between cab and rear. Works well but loads of condesation in the mornings when cold and it gets really hot in the summer when not parked up in the shade.

Last edited:
I'm looking at windscreen covers and I'll probably be ordering a rainbow screens cover. Quick question though for anyone who has one - What's the packed size? Space is very much at a premium in my van and I have limited places I can put stuff.

Cheers

I'm looking at windscreen covers and I'll probably be ordering a rainbow screens cover. Quick question though for anyone who has one - What's the packed size? Space is very much at a premium in my van and I have limited places I can put stuff.

Cheers
They include an oversized bag which makes it easy to pack away: Just measured mine for you and packed dimension are approx 96cm x 35cm x 13cm, but it can be compressed down to about 8cm with an increase in width to about 37cm.
You can fold the bag in half and get a packed size of approx 96cm x 23cm x 13cm, but you’d need to use some external ties to keep it compressed. Hope that helps

IMG_0967.jpegIMG_0966.jpeg

They include an oversized bag which makes it easy to pack away: Just measured mine for you and packed dimension are approx 96cm x 35cm x 13cm, but it can be compressed down to about 8cm with an increase in width to about 37cm.
You can fold the bag in half and get a packed size of approx 96cm x 23cm x 13cm, but you’d need to use some external ties to keep it compressed. Hope that helps

View attachment 241159View attachment 241161
That's perfect, exactly what I needed - cheers!

I've got this space in my van which is almost exactly the uncompressed size, but I've also got some velcro that sticks to itself so I'll be able to make a compression strap or 2.
1000007806.jpg
1000007807.jpg

I've got this space in my van which is almost exactly the uncompressed size, but I've also got some velcro that sticks to itself so I'll be able to make a compression strap or 2.
View attachment 241162
View attachment 241164

View attachment 241162
View attachment 241164

Keep my Silverscreens on tailgate..

20240514_120212.jpg

We've always used paragon silver screens (the original silverscreen) (external) can't fault them. But gonna probably buy a set of Gallant internal cab blinds for overnight stops when its rainy or blowing a hoolie outside .
Much more stealthy than a silver screen too for certain situations but no themal properties.
Website is pants but product is excellent, real old school customer service where you ring them up and you get to talk to a 'proper' person who actually seems to care .

I bought a Justkampers 'Thermoscreen' external cover a while ago but it's not been used yet. TBH, I bought a comparatively cheap one (IIRC about £50) on purpose as I'm not too hopeful that I'll get along with it and can then console myself with the fact that not a lot of cash was wasted (I just couldn't bring myself to spend the £200 or more that some firms are asking!). My main concern with this or any other external cover is how to handle them when you need to put them away and they're soaking wet. For what it's worth I've decided to store mine on the closed RnR bed. - it's folded over a couple of time and lies against the seat back held in place by the seatbelts. If it's wet, I'l probably fold it ands stick it back in the same place but in a bin bag. For a quick one nighter we've also got a home made 'cab curtain' which attaches to the hatch cover with press studs - I can provide photos if anybody is interested.

We've always used paragon silver screens (the original silverscreen) (external) can't fault them. But gonna probably buy a set of Gallant internal cab blinds for overnight stops when its rainy or blowing a hoolie outside .
Much more stealthy than a silver screen too for certain situations but no themal properties.
Website is pants but product is excellent, real old school customer service where you ring them up and you get to talk to a 'proper' person who actually seems to care .

How do those blinds attach, @JumpShip?

EDIT: Should have watched the video on their website before asking. :rolleyes:
So, next question - how easy was it to fit the poppers on the a-pillars?

Last edited:
Ordered a camo rainbow screens cover yesterday, website says 8 weeks but hopefully won't take quite that long!

Olpro external for us.

I wouldn't recommend them. They hold a lot of water. And the suction cups on the bottom edge keep coming off the doors.

Also very tight across the top of the windscreen - as if it needs to be just an inch wider.

But very effective insulation, totally eliminates condensation on the windscreen.

Olpro external for us.

I wouldn't recommend them. They hold a lot of water. And the suction cups on the bottom edge keep coming off the doors.

Also very tight across the top of the windscreen - as if it needs to be just an inch wider.

But very effective insulation, totally eliminates condensation on the windscreen.

Same with mine. That said I'm still not sure I'd want to fork out for a Rainbow Screens or similar.

Reactions: CAB
Back