Internal or External Front Screen Cover - Insulated Or Not

45 degrees. Like a bloody sauna!

I reckon with the cover off all day it would have hit 50 degrees. I'll leave it off tomorrow and see what temperature I get!

1000009971.png

We found Rainbow Screens to be really good
We do too and have recently ordered a pop-top cover from them.

The only issue we’ve experienced in over a year with our Rainbow Screen covers is almost loosing the the tailgate cover in a squally Force 8 wind back in March. When it was blowing hard the fronts would lift a bit but the back one constantly kept lifting up about a foot and then snapping back onto the window making a sleep depriving smack each time. Not good at 3 o’clock in the morning.

We do too and have recently ordered a pop-top cover from them.

The only issue we’ve experienced in over a year with our Rainbow Screen covers is almost loosing the the tailgate cover in a squally Force 8 wind back in March. When it was blowing hard the fronts would lift a bit but the back one constantly kept lifting up about a foot and then snapping back onto the window making a sleep depriving smack each time. Not good at 3 o’clock in the morning.
We have the pop-top cover and we never use it. We go away once a month all year round rain , snow or sunshine. Would I buy them again ? Nope don’t need it. We have barn doors on our van and the screen covers are adjustable you can tighten them up as required and they are fine. We have sat in height winds with them on. All in all good value for money.

We have the pop-top cover and we never use it. We go away once a month all year round rain , snow or sunshine. Would I buy them again ? Nope don’t need it. We have barn doors on our van and the screen covers are adjustable you can tighten them up as required and they are fine. We have sat in height winds with them on. All in all good value for money.
I camp mid-winter too and learned from friends that a pop-top cover provided an increased level of insulation as well as enhanced weather protection so on the basis of their experience I went for it. On the subject of the tailgate cover, I found that when the adjustment is fully tightened it isn’t quite sufficient to keep it in position in a gale. However, I eventually solved this with a non-elasticated tie-down strap looped around the tailgate.

Although the label had the SKU number corresponding to the T5/T6 cover, I strongly suspect that what I received was for a different vehicle altogether, as there was no way it was ever going to fit.
So it has been returned to FL, and strangely, they have now said "We think this is a T6.1 issue and not that the product is faulty. It has only started to come about so therefore it will be a case of refunding you." Strange, in that I can see from your photo that yours is a 6.1, and anyway, the 6.1 hasn't only just come about!

Following this rather puzzling response from Funky Leisure regarding their (Maypole) screen cover, I noticed that they have now added a caveat to the web page: "Please note: This cover is not suitable for T6.1 Vehicles"
Setting aside the fact that other T6.1 owners here clearly have the Maypole cover and haven't had a problem fitting it, surely there's no significant difference between the T5/T6/T6.1 windscreens??? No other sellers of the Maypole cover seem to have added this caveat, so I'm still convinced I just received a Friday afternoon job - or maybe FL bought a whole batch of Friday afternoon jobs?

Anyway, moving on...I am now the proud new owner of a screen cover from Comfortzleisure, and I have to say, it's far superior to the Maypole offering in every way. Of course, it's twice the price (but still half the cost of other popular brands) - I guess the old adage of you get what you pay for applies. It packs up remarkably compactly in the supplied bag (pictured), is very lightweight, and appears to be well made and sturdy. Only time will tell if this cover is good value, but I'm pleased with it.

IMG_20240810_184147357_HDR.jpgIMG_20240810_184201815_HDR-EDIT.jpgIMG_20240810_183739634_HDR-EDIT.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Following this rather puzzling response from Funky Leisure regarding their (Maypole) screen cover, I noticed that they have now added a caveat to the web page: "Please note: This cover is not suitable for T6.1 Vehicles"
Setting aside the fact that other T6.1 owners here clearly have the Maypole cover and haven't had a problem fitting it, surely there's no significant difference between the T5/T6/T6.1 windscreens??? No other sellers of the Maypole cover seem to have added this caveat, so I'm still convinced I just received a Friday afternoon job - or maybe FL bought a whole batch of Friday afternoon jobs?

Anyway, moving on...I am now the proud new owner of a screen cover from Comfortzleisure, and I have to say, it's far superior to the Maypole offering in every way. Of course, it's twice the price (but still half the cost of other popular brands) - I guess the old adage of you get what you pay for applies. It packs up remarkably compactly in the supplied bag (pictured), is very lightweight, and appears to be well made and sturdy. Only time will tell if this cover is good value, but I'm pleased with it.

View attachment 254649View attachment 254650View attachment 254651
Is it one piece or three?

Three.
It came fitted together as one piece, and I was able to attach it as seen in the photos and remove it again and fold it away easily without taking it apart, but the front section can be folded down to allow light in if required.
Also, the velcro strips are quite wide allowing for any necessary adjustments, which was part of the problem with the Maypole (as well as it being too small!)

Back