leisure battery kit installers within 100 miles of Upminster essex

I've just been let down by the Bluetti ac70 battery that I purchased, after the first trip it showed a warning light, cant clear it now it has to go back to Bluetti, no trust now so claiming miney back.
So, id like to get a leisure battery installed to run
- travel kettle 3 x day
- travel porridge and rice maker 1 x day
- charge laptop 1 x day
- charge phone 1 x day
- charge drone batteries 1 x day
- run fan / heater minimal use 1-2 hrs (occasionally)

I'm not running any internal lights or anything else.

Any advice, recommendations for installers within 100 miles of RM12 Upminster
Any help you can share would be much appreciated

Cheers

Well, within 100 miles you’ve got Forum Trader @BognorMotors
Maybe try @BognorMotors

Otherwise there are these recommendations
Have you tried Visiontech Automotive in Colchester?

Johnson Auto Electric down in Chelmsford seem to do a good job.

Chris at Chelmer Valley Campers in Chelmsford is very good. I would recommend.

- travel kettle 3 x day
- charge laptop 1 x day
- charge phone 1 x day
- run fan / heater minimal use 1-2 hrs (occasionally
So running the numbers your power usage is:
Kettle: 3 x 1000W x 5 mins = 250Wh
Porridge: 1 x 250W x 30 mins = 125Wh
Laptop battery: 100Wh
Phone: 1 x 10W x 2 hours = 20Wh
Drone battery: 48Wh
Electric Fan Heater: 1 x 1000W x 2 hours = 2000Wh

So your power requirement is 543Wh without the heater and 2543Wh with 2 hours of heater

A Bluetti AC70 is rated at 748Wh so should have just about coped for a day so long as you didn't use the heater and assuming nominal 80% efficiency.

With a traditional leisure battery and 1Kw inverter (assuming 80% inverter efficiency) you will need 57Ah per day without the heater or 264Ah per day with 2 hours of heater.

That's a very large battery system, you may need to lower your expectations of what is possible, particularly with electric heating. The capacity without the heater is more achievable but consider the recharge time and runtime.

If additionally you used a small gas stove for hot water and porridge your requirement would drop to 17Ah per day.

pros and cons of leisure battery over portable power pack?
costs and performance?

pros and cons of leisure battery over portable power pack?
costs and performance?

If you are pulling the amount of power per day you are proposing from a portable power bank then your issue will be recharging it - it's likely you will be drawing power at a greater rate than you can recharge.

Whereas a large LiFePo bank can do things like use 50A DC-DC chargers or 25A solar MPPT.

But you are then looking at a significant investment in hardware, cabling and space used in the van.

You need to first be sure of your needs and how long you want to be off-grid before deciding on how to do it - right now with your proposed power draw your only solution is a high capacity LiFePo install with matching high capacity charging. Simply by moving your heating energy use to gas/diesel you will significantly lower your demands on your 12v system.

As many others have discovered looking at this you only truly understand just how much energy the National Grid delivers to your home when you try to generate and store similar amounts of power yourself.

I've just been let down by the Bluetti ac70 battery that I purchased, after the first trip it showed a warning light, cant clear it now it has to go back to Bluetti, no trust now so claiming miney back.
- travel kettle 3 x day
- charge laptop 1 x day
- charge phone 1 x day
- run fan / heater minimal use 1-2 hrs (occasionally)

I'm not running any internal lights or anything else.

Any advice, recommendations for installers within 100 miles of RM12 Upminster
Any help you can share would be much appreciated

Cheers
Travel porridge and rice maker? Is that one device? Seems like quite a diverse tool!

Edit: just googled it, every day is a school day!

Last edited:
Back