Moll Battery.

Hi all just to say thanks for the info on here its really been helpful. I've had Issues with the moll battery not holding it's charge and going flat. Van (2019) is still under warranty so contacted vw assist who changed it for me.
Interestingly although the van has a 2019 plate, the moll battery was 2017. The guy advised me that lots of new vans are bought for conversion and then can stand around for a long time before being converted and registered.
Brilliant forum!! Thanks again

the van has a 2019 plate, the moll battery was 2017
Actual model year is coded in the VIN, e.g Model Year 2015 VIN is WV1ZZZ7HZFxxxxxxx
2014 = E​
2015 = F​
2016 = G​
2017 = H​
2018 = J​
2019 = K​
2020 = L​
2021 = M, etc.​
The model year typically changes in August, thus e.g. MY18 stamped vans are build from August-2017 till July-2018.

Hi all just to say thanks for the info on here its really been helpful. I've had Issues with the moll battery not holding it's charge and going flat. Van (2019) is still under warranty so contacted vw assist who changed it for me.
Interestingly although the van has a 2019 plate, the moll battery was 2017. The guy advised me that lots of new vans are bought for conversion and then can stand around for a long time before being converted and registered.
Brilliant forum!! Thanks again
Odd that a converter would have a unregistered van sitting around deteriorating instead of converting it and getting it out the door, I know van prices only seem to increase but it’s cashflow.
I hope the actual VIN and reg plate all match up with the V5.

My 2016 had been at a VW dealers for 6 months unregistered as they keep stock for converters.
They had a few in different colours but had to sell them as the euro5 had to be registered or sold.

Back