Multiple Engine Management Faults

Thought this might be the problem, as heard the pumps are sometimes problematic, this is why I'd advise filling from a clean container of adblue.. They are cheapest from your local motor factors and not halfords, this way you know how it is filled, and the quality. Suggest reading the link I've posted above, as any contamination can bugger the system it would seem.
They didn't say the Adblue was to blame. They just said it was a faulty injector. I will double check with them tomorrow that they tested the AdBlue or if they think that could of caused the injector to go Pete Tong.

Went to pick van up from dealers today after they replaced the AdBlue Injector thinking (hopping) this was the end of my Engine management problem only to find when I started the van the light was still on.
After many choice words, back in I went and firmly told them that they had not fixed it as the light was still on.
They looked confused and said that they had road tested it and it was fine and would get it plugged back up straight away.

I told them that I was going to be going in to the service bay and witness them plugging it in as I could remember the code and if it was the same code a pretty big shit storm would follow!
Unbelievably, the test came up with another new code of P218F00 (Reductant No Flow Detected) again to do with the AdBlue system and the advised action on the system was to just acknowledge it.
I said I'm not having that as it will probably come back so they sent the info off to Technical Advice at Milton Keynes who's advise was to acknowledge and take it for a test drive?????. This was done and it's currently still clear but I fully expect it to light up anytime.

How come a fault that is deemed as just acknowledge and test drive is not that serious, then why does it trigger a management fault? Are these vans or modern engines in general too sensitive these days? Just crazy.

As a guess, it could be on priming the new injector having had it replaced that has thrown the light, and it's only an acknowledge and test drive due to the work having been carried out, otherwise it would suggest the dosing pump to me... But my best guess

As a guess, it could be on priming the new injector having had it replaced that has thrown the light, and it's only an acknowledge and test drive due to the work having been carried out, otherwise it would suggest the dosing pump to me... But my best guess
I do hope so @T6 Dave as it's not been a very enjoyable experience owning my first Transporter since picking it up in September.
I think the dosing pump is before the Injector so surely if that was faulty then the Injector would throw an error too as the dose level would be wrong too.

@Twoguns , yep logic would say that.. I'd steer clear of the pumps, and look at the sealed home filling kit myself, as if the pump goes when your on hols it's a loaner.... The adblue appears very sensitive to crud..

@Twoguns , yep logic would say that.. I'd steer clear of the pumps, and look at the sealed home filling kit myself, as if the pump goes when your on hols it's a loaner.... The adblue appears very sensitive to crud..
I will as what you say makes sense.
I really don't think the AdBlue is the problem in this case now, as I asked for a print out of all the faults I've had and it turns out this fault code was evident back in December when I had the first one (before I filled it with AdBlue) with the original AdBlue that came with the van. I was told then that the first fault was code U101900 (instrument cluster control module missing signal oil level/temperature) and no mention of this one which I will be back on the phone to them to find out why they didn't look into it back in December.

Driving into work tonight and pretty much exactly the same distance into the journey as last week and the engine management light has come on yet again even after they changed the AdBlue Injector last Thursday which they said would fix the problem. As there's no VW Tech available at this time of night with only AA road side assists available, I will wait until tomorrow or friday to call a VW Tech out as they have the correct software.

This is now the sixth one in 5 months and i've really lost the love for this van and am contemplating rejecting it if I can and will give the financial Services a call to see my options. Only problem is i've spent over 8K on internal mods, lining, heater, sound system etc not sure of my options. Anyone with experience.

Difficult, I've returned two cars in the past with many ongoing faults, both were 6-12 months old and I got a full refunds.

The key to success is get the dealership on your side to make your case with the manufacturer.

Don't go down the road if SOGA or legal terms until you have tried all other avenues, you will then need someone who has legal/commercial skills/knowledge, there are many other potential consumer legislations you could look at but all will take time and money!

Most important of all document everything, all faults, calls, communications in detail, plus any costs incurred, loss of profit etc.

Good luck, pm me if you need help.

Difficult, I've returned two cars in the past with many ongoing faults, both were 6-12 months old and I got a full refunds.

The key to success is get the dealership on your side to make your case with the manufacturer.

Don't go down the road if SOGA or legal terms until you have tried all other avenues, you will then need someone who has legal/commercial skills/knowledge, there are many other potential consumer legislations you could look at but all will take time and money!

Most important of all document everything, all faults, calls, communications in detail, plus any costs incurred, loss of profit etc.

Good luck, pm me if you need help.
Cheers @Caravellet6 appreciate your feedback.

Adblue is adblue. I use the pump stuff. I bet I could find a pig and use that as a renewable source of adblue and be fine.
It's the system that's pants.

The only problem I have with it is that I'm on my 3rd tank of adblue with 7323 miles on the clock.
The van drives perfectly all the time. No error codes regarding the engine etc just epically thirsty for both diesel and adblue.

The only problem I have with it is that I'm on my 3rd tank of adblue with 7323 miles on the clock.
The van drives perfectly all the time. No error codes regarding the engine etc just epically thirsty for both diesel and adblue.
Mine drives fine too, no power loss etc. My MPG is not the best considering the type of driving I do. Vans done just over 5000 miles and I'm on my second tank of AdBlue with 3500miles of this refill left so not as bad as yours for AdBlue consumption.

Well I fill up the adblue it says I have 5000 miles of range in it. That always quickly comes down.

I do hope so @T6 Dave as it's not been a very enjoyable experience owning my first Transporter since picking it up in September.
I think the dosing pump is before the Injector so surely if that was faulty then the Injector would throw an error too as the dose level would be wrong too.
So now that have replaced the injector will they swap the pump?

Attachments

• Adblue_pump_T6.pdf
    277.8 KB · Views: 31
So now that have replaced the injector will they swap the pump?
Thanks for the info @Loz very helpful to understand this system. Don't know what they will do but it has turned out to be the same fault code.

Last edited:
So the VW Tech has been and gone and it's the same fault P20EE00 (SCR NOx Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1) and will once again be sent to VW Swansea on the back of a Lorry. This van should be called Transported not Transporter....

I've just opened a case with both VW Customer Services and VW Financial Services who both will open a case and get back in touch with both me and the dealer within the next few days. Hopefully this will get this pig of a van sorted one why or other.

Once the dealer has had another go at bogging it, I'll keep you up to date if your interested, especially you other AdBlue users.

That's a great publicity shot. Email them the photo and say you will pay to have it billboarded all over the UK.

A sneak peek at the new VW Transported.
Some say, it's basically a Face lift T6 but VW swear it's a totally new design with improved MPG as it use's absolutely no fuel.
View attachment 5860
Nothing gets the service managers attention more than that pulling into the dealers..

Back