Multiple Retrofits, Side Assist, Trailer Assist and Park Assist - VCDS help required please

I am convinced that the dataset replacement/upload is the only way.
I've already got the TPMS module to upload a dataset to, and a HBA mirror to reflash! The list keeps growing! I'm needing to find someone in or near Suffolk UK that's got VCP or ODIS

Reactions: mmi
Would you be able to double check my 6C coding please, not sure if Byte4 bit 2 "Parallel Parking Assistant Installed" should be checked
Won't accept the coding anyway! :whistle:

Last edited:
I think the presence of 29/39 is prob due to coding errors in other modules, likely 55 if it came from a top spec car

Are any of the modules new or all second hand ?

Coding is only the basics on 6.1 it’s a lot heavier on adaptions and that is probably somewhere you will need to look a bit deeper to resolve the niggles

I think the presence of 29/39 is prob due to coding errors in other modules, likely 55 if it came from a top spec car

Are any of the modules new or all second hand ?
The 55 Module was supposed to be new and fitted by a professional retrofit company! from the earliest scan I still have these existed before I started adding more retrofits. The PLA module is from a 2022 T-Roc, The Side Assist are used and bought as a pair, The TPMS module is new, HBA is used from a Alhambra, I think that's it

Coding is only the basics on 6.1 it’s a lot heavier on adaptions and that is probably somewhere you will need to look a bit deeper to resolve the niggles
Yes, I'm beginning to understand it's more about adaptions not coding for the more detailed elements

I have quite a few scans of 6.1s but not many have the options you are retrofitting
The problem with adaptions is they vary quite a bit even on vans that seem the same/similar there can be quite a few differences in values, i find to get a good grasp you need to compare a few scans of vans without an option and a few scans of vans with an option to try and identify consistent differences, its tricky and time consuming when you think there are approx 1500 adaption channels on the BCM alone !

I have quite a few scans of 6.1s but not many have the options you are retrofitting
The problem with adaptions is they vary quite a bit even on vans that seem the same/similar there can be quite a few differences in values, i find to get a good grasp you need to compare a few scans of vans without an option and a few scans of vans with an option to try and identify consistent differences, its tricky and time consuming when you think there are approx 1500 adaption channels on the BCM alone !
Hi @Pauly yes, I'd have thought similar vans should have similar coding. I did use a scan of your van that you've posted as a reference for mine and apart from the obvious differences i.e. auto vs manual etc. most modules have slightly different coding, let alone what the adaption differences are.

Had a day off the van today as work got in the way, but hoping to get back on it tomorrow. I've also found someone with ODIS willing to add file to TPMS, (would be useful if you have a copy of your parameter file? ) and also willing to flash mirror for MQB HBA and also the PLA module to see if we can remove electronic parking brake.

Happy things are moving forward and errors are reducing :thumbsup: Have to say this is the best forum by far for this sort of help and advice, many thanks to all, and especially @mmi and @Robert for coding advice and guidance. Side Assist retrofit wouldn't be possible without their thread for guidance :thumbsup:

Maybe Area View and Traffic Assist next ?:whistle:

Does the system otherwise work correctly?
YES :thumbsup: Managed to get all the plastics back on underneath and went for a drive, drove around the supermarket carpark like an idiot trying all the options :rofl: Side Assist also worked straight away, mirror LEDs started lighting up as soon as traffic detected. TPMS picked up the sensors, although it's flashing an error as it doesn't have a parameter file uploaded.

Very happy, thank you all, much appreciated.

Question on the error for the electronic parking brake, I'm hoping I can get someone to upload a correct dataset. @mmi would the dataset you referenced in post #13 "The few T6.1 I have that information have: V03935331VA 0001" be the one that I need someone to upload via ODIS or VCP?

Quick question on TPMS, I've coded out the indirect system, but how do I get the direct system to display on the 5F Head Unit?

@mmi would the dataset you referenced in post #13 "The few T6.1 I have that information have: V03935331VA 0001" be the one that I need someone to upload via ODIS or VCP?
Yes, surely it's the best guess - unfortunately couldn't find that one in the VCP.

Quick question on TPMS, I've coded out the indirect system, but how do I get the direct system to display on the 5F Head Unit?
You surely have checked the thread below - I would guess it being similar?
What coding steps have taken this far? Anything in the ABS?

Yes, surely it's the best guess - unfortunately couldn't find that one in the VCP.

i haven’t coded ABS. I’ll read the link and check, many thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi

I've checked the ABS module and all the coding is correct as per Paulys instructions
Byte 0 Bit 5 - 0
Byte 6 Bit 3 - 0
Byte 8 Bit 2 - 0
Byte 14 Bit 4 - 0
Byte 17 Bit 4 - 1

But this is for indirect TPMS, I've just installed Direct TPMS and have coded out the indirect TPMS, and want the Direct TPMS to show on the MMI instead

What have you changed?

Please post 5F adaptation map.
I've changed the following

19 Can Gateway
Installation 65 Checked
Adaption, Module Coded

17 Instruments
Byte 3 Bit 7 checked
Byte 4 Bit 0 Unchecked
Byte 11 Bit 2 Checked

5F Head Unit
Adaption
......0x07 activated
......0x07_msg_bus Extended Databus
......display_rdk Activated
......display_rdk_over_threshold_high Activated
......display_rdk_standstill Not Activated

I haven't done any coding to 03 ABS Module

Here's the adaption map

many thanks :thumbsup:

Attachments

• adpmap-5F-3CN-035-869-A_WV1ZZZ7HZNH006670-20240502-1839.CSV
    75.2 KB · Views: 3
Well, found the following differences between yours and a van with factory 65-controller onboard - both have the same head unit 3CN-035-869-A

DubhausFactory 65 onboard
ENG122229-ENG117712-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0Bactivatednot activated
ENG122229-ENG117713-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-VPS_0x0B_msg_busTerminal 15Infotainment data bus

The activated/not activated might be because of you've got Trailer assistant,
so perhaps you could try activating ...0x0B_msg_bus - Infotainment data bus and see if you get faults in 5F, 03, 17 OR even the menu on head unit?

I haven't looked into ABS yet... will do...

Many thanks, will give those a try

Many thanks, will give those a try
I don’t have trailer assist as @Robert has advised I need to change my reversing camera to the + version so I’ve uncoded that which has removed a lot of errors

Back