My T6 is pulling to the left (RHD)

No they told me it was going back to Milton Keynes to be sorted after I'd traded it in. Asked the dealers what happend to it in the end? He told me they just sold it on!!! I was very disappointed by this. The car had a serious issue.
The problem I had early on with front tyre ware on the T5 turned out to be a manufacturing problem, as the front end assembly on a T5 Cali had nothing to do with other T5's and was in effect a Porsche Cayenne front axel assembly. The dealer had to shear the locating studs off, and refit the whole assembly; Mine was off the road for a few days getting fixed. I had bought mine second hand (1 year old), with 14k miles and new front tyres. I couldn't understand that, until my fronts scrubbed out after 10K (michelins); following the fix I could get 30k miles no problem.
I doubt any of this is relevant to a T6.;)

Hi all, I've had an issue with my T6 and previous T5.1 when lowered and running on 20" wheels, the bus pulls to the left causing me to hold the steering to the right. Felt fine abroad driving on the right(obviously different camber)
Geometry done and set as close to even as poss due to no camber adjustment.
Any ideas/ recomendations?

I’ve just had mine lowered without any problems.

Your left arm is shorter than your right? ;)

When it's been 4 wheel aligned make sure the hunters is set at half load, then make sure the steering wheel is dead level (check with a small spirit level) all tyre pressures are correct. Then let us know the readings.

The above cured my pulling as it showed the tracking was slightly out

I've had the alignment done once again and the steering is much better, way more central but still slightly drifts to the left. Not anything like it was though.

Anyone else have issues with van pulling to the left ? Been laser aligned etc and tyres pressures all good.
Lowered on coilovers on 20's! Tried all kinds, any ideas? Would vw honour warranty as suspension not original along with wheels

I seriously doubt VW will be interested, did it do it before lowering ?
Is it the camber of the road pulling you left ? You can try going on the wrong side of the road somewhere quiet so the cambers the opposite way and see how it is

I seriously doubt VW will be interested, did it do it before lowering ?
Is it the camber of the road pulling you left ? You can try going on the wrong side of the road somewhere quiet so the cambers the opposite way and see how it is
Yes done it prior to lowering etc and it's Deffo not road, tried all that

Ok so, was the van aligned on a Hunters machine?
If so what was the setting used? There are about half a dozen but mine pulled to the left after lowering and got the garage to try 'half load' which showed the tracking was slightly out...this fixed my problem until VW had it in for DMF and clutch and now it's the same so once my interior is sorted and I've set my coilovers up better I'll get it re-aligned ....but try all the other settings on the Hunters before going to VW

Yeh all set up on hunters, the front after adjustment is spot on, rear still a little out on offside, but my mate said adjustable bushes may sort that.

yeah I've got the adjustable polybushes to but surely unless the rear is way put it wouldn't cause it to track to the left to much, get the garage to check it again on different settings

Yeh I'm not too concerned about rear as that can be sorted, it's just the front and the pulling to the left that's bugging me, seems to be a common issue.

Yeh I'm not too concerned about rear as that can be sorted, it's just the front and the pulling to the left that's bugging me, seems to be a common issue.

it's very common mate and I agree the pulling does drive you mad

Having lowered van approx 1 year ago, it pulls to the left.
Its also been lazer aligned twice but is still the same.
I know this has been a common issue but has anyone come up with a solution? If so please share as it annoys the crap out of me !!

Thanks

If the van has been Lazer aligned and all the tyres are worn equally . . . . then the official word is that the van is following the caber of the road.

or more to the point falling down the left camber. . . . . thats what VW told me anyway.

Appart from that, the things to check are:

Front tracking,
check tyre wear is equal across the axles (ie both fronts have the same wear pattern etc)
tyre pressures are correct for the weight and all the same.

more info over here >

Lowering & 4-wheel Laser Alignment - How I Done It -

Thanks for replying but I’ve been down all routes.
Tyres are evenly worn, pressures are good and wear pattern consistent.

It doesn’t matter what road I’m on it goes left regardless of camber, annoying if nothing else,

Back