New Discs or Skim T32

lukeadams

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all

I’ve noticed some juddering in the van when braking so took it to the garage and was told my osf and osr discs are warped. I’ve been quoted £1192 fitted for new OEM discs, pads, wear indicators, tension bolts and clips.

The question is

Should I look to get the discs skimmed for a fraction of the cost?
Should I get OEM brakes or an aftermarket equivalent?

My van is a T32 180bhp so need bigger brakes than the norm.

Thanks!

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
I dont think skimming is worth it anymore.

I’d check out the prices on euro car parts - Brembo or Pagid parts will be much cheaper than that or contact the company on here who is a trade member @Nutexa Frictions

Just totted up Brembo parts for the big front discs and it comes to £489 for 4 discs and new pads all round from ECP.

Just totted up Brembo parts for the big front discs and it comes to £489 for 4 discs and new pads all round from ECP.
That sounds a better option. Can you point me to the ones I need? I’m a bit of a novice! Do the brakes on ECP come with pads or are they an additional selection? Brembo or Pagid? I’ve got 17” OZ alloys, will the disks fit?

That sounds a better option. Can you point me to the ones I need? I’m a bit of a novice! Do the brakes on ECP come with pads or are they an additional selection? Brembo or Pagid? I’ve got 17” OZ alloys, will the disks fit?
You need to swap like for like, size wise. You can’t just stick bigger discs on without swapping the calipers.

@lukeadams I had juddering on my car when braking never did anything about it got a front tyre puncture new tyre juddering stopped consider it may be tyres and not warpped discs

Only comes in at £412 before forum discount with Nutexa. I avoid any of the stuff from ECP. Their Brembo and Pagid are made under licence in Eastern Europe.
Buy from a British company and save money.
I’ve put the Nutexa on the rear of the van about 6k ago and they are fine.

If your not sure what you need then contact @Nutexa Frictions and I’m sure they will help you out and let you know what is required

All rear brakes are the same but there is 2 different size options for the front brakes dependant what model/spec your van is
If you send me your vin number or post a close up photo of your fronts brakes then one of us will be able to tell you what size you have

You’d need to measure your disc diameter - most T32s have big discs on the front but not all (from what I’ve read) then key in your registration on ECP.

I’ve never had a problem with ECP brake parts. I always go for a brand I know but happy to try Nutexa next time.

Personally I'd fit @Nutexa Frictions and Pads, much lower dust that OEM pads, bite more and wear longer what's not to like.

Also I'd be longing as to why one side has warped, possibly the calipers are sticking and required and good clean up to resolve.

Drop us a DM we can supply and fitt a full Nutexa set for far less than you've been quoted.

Hi everyone! We’re currently boiling to death down in the French alps on holiday, my signal is very poor and 3 mobile has rubbish data ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you put in the T6FORUM discount code on our website at checkout it’ll give all the prices.

More are in production at the moment so website will be updated soon

Russ

Interesting article! On bike disc brakes I obsess over the bedding in, trying to eliminate squeal with varying levels of success. Oddly never considered it on the van, assuming that the heat and power would do the job. Every day a school day.

Interesting article! On bike disc brakes I obsess over the bedding in, trying to eliminate squeal with varying levels of success. Oddly never considered it on the van, assuming that the heat and power would do the job. Every day a school day.
I always do it on the bike and the van. I’m lucky that I live at the bottom of a 2 mile hill so I can go to the top and do a full bed-in by the time I get home.
Some interesting stuff in that article about imprinting etc.
In fact I’ve just put new discs and pads on the mountain bike so need to get the enthusiasm to ride UP to the top of the road so I can bed them in on the way back down.

I am a bit sceptical about that article.
If you ever but a new vehicle it has been driven and the brakes used on the way from the factory floor to the showroom (via transporters - I know). No way do the guys driving them around the docks etc bed in the brakes as described. I have never experience brake judder on any vehicle, 4 wheeled or 2. I just think as long as you are not hard on the brakes to start with then they will be ok.

Back