New shape Transporter coming?

t6robb

Is there any word out there that there may be a new commercial transporter on the horizon next year? I am thinking of buying a new 6.1 which has been out since 2019 due for update by now possibly …

The new Caddy is so similar in body shape and lines to a Transit Connect.

They have taken away the 4 motion option from the t6.1 transporters for the moment which is a major drawback still very tempted to pull the trigger

They have taken away the 4 motion option from the t6.1 transporters for the moment which is a major drawback still very tempted to pull the trigger

Twas my thought 4 months ago… days after the 4motion disappeared. Finally placed an order.

“Convinced” myself 4motion is another thing to jam, leak or break and maybe I didn’t need it anyhow for the 5% of driving it would be useful… (please no one challenge this, v precarious)

Ha indeed. Unfortunately my smiley crying face fell off the end of the post.

Perhaps they have fixed lots of things we have not spotted or realised… now that’s clever! Using the leaky windows as a decoy.

Twas my thought 4 months ago… days after the 4motion disappeared. Finally placed an order.

“Convinced” myself 4motion is another thing to jam, leak or break and maybe I didn’t need it anyhow for the 5% of driving it would be useful… (please no one challenge this, v precarious)
You would only put low profile tyres on it, making 4 motion useless lol

Don’f forget the extra weight you are carrying around, that’s what I told myself when I could not find a 4Motion when I got my van.

I actually like that. Just one niggle is the chamfer in the bottom corner of the door windows. It won't line through with rear side windows, unless there are black B pillar trims.

You have to admit the 5 - 5.1 - 6 - 6.1 updates changed very little. This could give it a new start. With a VW makeover, it'll be like the X Class is to the Navara.

Chassis, engine, gearbox and onboard software is VW . It will be Transporter 100%.
The Transit is the copy here. However Ford will have its own plug in hybrid system not shared. Its own on board software. And of course the transit will look cooler as usual.
Good to see the new transit out now. When VW will start selling the transporter all main issues will be already ironed.

Back