New T6 Van

Capstandriver

I've had T4's and T5's in the past which I used as 'working vehicles' and for towing my glider trailer around to various airfields in the UK (they were also very useful for sleeping in at the same time). As an aircraft engineer I keep getting requests to carry out maintenance on other peoples gliders which means carrying lots of tools/test sets/and materials around. Now, you can do this out of the back of a Land Rover (my other toy) but its a bit thirsty on fuel, non ULEZ compliant, and not the most comfortable thing to drive - so another Transporter seemed an ideal vehicle to have. This one is a 2021 T6.1 (I think) 'Trendline', its got a reasonable amount of extras like cruise control and air conditioning, so its very pleasant to drive. I'm not planning on kitting it out as a camper at the moment but who knows what the future might bring. One thing I would like to do is put a rear camera into the van so I'm looking at various options for that as well as some internal storage to stop all my tools sliding around in the back.

Welcome to the Forum. We love pictures here !
Trendline spec is a great start and can easily be updated to (almost) Highline with aftermarket goodies.
Have you flown out of Milfield, near Wooler? We are currently just around the corner. Previously lived near Sutton Bank too which you'll be very familiar with

Welcome to the Forum,

I just installed a wolfbox G840S. It's pretty good. Rear view is what I really needed it for (for the Mrs) but it records front and rear on a loop constantly when engine running. I have the basic one that is on for £160 ish but there's regularly 30/40% discounts on amazons. I don't think it does park mode, or I haven't figured it out yet though.

Have you flown out of Milfield, near Wooler? We are currently just around the corner. Previously lived near Sutton Bank too which you'll be very familiar with
I fly gliders at Milfield. Stay over in the T6 frequently.

Hi everyone. Wanted to jump on and get some much needed advice please.

The market for vans is so up and down it's hard to distinguish a true value. The salop vans for eg are all kitted out and high mileage, yet still fetch 30k for an ageing van and plus 100k miles.

So my theory is if I buy a 1 or 2 year old panel van with 10k miles and convert it myself is it possible? Or am I in dreamland? I just want it to be a really nice drive for me and the family to go camping in with all our gear in the boot (not a camper conversation) below is a van I'm interested in converting into a family van.

Any advice is much appreciated TIA

Screenshot_20240612_140944_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240612_140939_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240612_140935_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240612_140932_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240612_140929_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hi everyone. Wanted to jump on and get some much needed advice please.

The market for vans is so up and down it's hard to distinguish a true value. The salop vans for eg are all kitted out and high mileage, yet still fetch 30k for an ageing van and plus 100k miles.

So my theory is if I buy a 1 or 2 year old panel van with 10k miles and convert it myself is it possible? Or am I in dreamland? I just want it to be a really nice drive for me and the family to go camping in with all our gear in the boot (not a camper conversation) below is a van I'm interested in converting into a family van.

Any advice is much appreciated TIA

View attachment 245752

View attachment 245753

View attachment 245754

View attachment 245755

View attachment 245756
Welcome to the forum Paul.

Your best popping over to the T6 chat subforum and posting a new thread with your question :thumbsup:

Back