How.... how do you afford a van?

So I chose the loan option via family as well as bank. Family loans aren't a quick thing... you can't hurry a loved one!!!

Two awesome opportunities missed now. It's excruciating.

My Mrs. said last night "what are you going to do when you have bought a van? What will your next obsession be?"

Can anyone guess my answer?

P.s. love this forum

So I chose the loan option via family as well as bank. Family loans aren't a quick thing... you can't hurry a loved one!!!

Two awesome opportunities missed now. It's excruciating.

My Mrs. said last night "what are you going to do when you have bought a van? What will your next obsession be?"

Can anyone guess my answer?

P.s. love this forum
No need to guess mate - we *know*. :rofl:

Memory foam mattresses, toppers and SIMs... for a camper, otherwise suspension, wheels and other bolt-on goodies. :cool:
Nope. But all those are high on my list.

Next obsession will be relentless and endless research into thetford portapottys and the dilemma of what colour chemical to use.... oh and the acquisition of a bunji cord to hold it down...

Nope. But all those are high on my list.

Next obsession will be relentless and endless research into thetford portapottys and the dilemma of what colour chemical to use.... oh and the acquisition of a bunji cord to hold it down...
Pound to a penny says you won't use a porta potty (though if you do, I really don't want to see the evidence).

Pound to a penny says you won't use a porta potty (though if you do, I really don't want to see the evidence).
I'm a yorkshireman. I'll be hitting it hard! Wi furious anger! ...and gusto! I'm not payin fer it and not usin it!

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
I'm a yorkshireman. I'll be hitting it hard! Wi furious anger! ...and gusto! I'm not payin fer it and not usin it!
I presume you're planning on camping off-grid then? If not, then from one tight value-oriented Tyke to another, save your pennies (or, at least spend them elsewhere). There are quite a few forum members who lament they bought a porta potty and have never used it - even some old-timers, like me, that struggle to have an - ahem - undisturbed night's sleep.

I presume you're planning on camping off-grid then? If not, then from one tight value-oriented Tyke to another, save your pennies (or, at least spend them elsewhere). There are quite a few forum members who lament they bought a porta potty and have never used it - even some old-timers, like me, that struggle to have an - ahem - undisturbed night's sleep.
I'd buy second hand if anyone has one?

• Haha
Reactions: Bav
Wouldn't be with out the porta-potti gives you the options of some cracking sites with no facilities
Same here. Mine has been well used. Especially at Brit Stops. Or a bit of sneaky stealth. Or just once when we were a long way from the bogs on site so put up the utility tent and used it in there. Oh and again when in Portugal last September when I had a very dodgy belly and set it up in the awning in case of emergencies!

So like most things...horses for courses.

And just like the old tent days ...I keep a big fabric softener bottle in the van for middle of the night peeing.

That reminded me of a childish joke…

Why did the baker have dirty hands?

Because she needed a poo.
I love that joke. Use it regularly!

I was gonna finish my comment with - you don't buy a bog and shart yourself but I wasn't sure of my audience. You Lu, are my people

dont worry all mods post van purchase are only £20 or if needed use the 50% off rule when the other half asks

I'm new. I have ogled and desperately wanted T4's, T5's and T6's for over a decade. A super fan to say the least. I have a well paid job and a good credit score. I simply cannot figure out how to finance actually obtaining my first van though.

Am 44yrs old and i can feel the time ebbing away each day on this mill wheel of an existance. I need to bus up and get my weekend day trip/stop over thing happening with the wife.

I have all the skills and tools to convert a base vehicle barring electrics and have literally watched ALL of youtube...

All i can think to do is get a 100k miles autotrader base vehicle maybe a 2016 T6 highline 2.0TDI SWB for something like £18k... if i can somehow scrape a deposit together of £4k I'd proabably be able to manage just over £300 a month for 5 years...or somehow get a loan and do it that way. does that sound right? I've never had a loan...

Something like this

Meh - well done to each and every one of you for owning one and living the dream x
I guess this is a big commitment.. it's like a mortgage.. but will be worth every penny as memories you make are priceless.. :)

Back