Newbie battery charger questions

Is this still the original battery or have you replaced it.
Depending on how low your low battery reading is, it is damaging your battery.
Try and keep a good charge in a battery for longevity.
When not using my van I charge it on a 240v smart charger at least every fortnight as the voltage steadily drops a little bit each day.

Yes original battery now about 18 months old. I don't yet have a charger for the starter battery and was hoping to get by till an offer appears.

Still waiting on an offer for a proper charger for the starter battery but have had low battery a few times now. I have an AA Car battery solar charger from a time gone by - is it safe to use this and will it do any good? Connection is via OBD socket rather than cigarette socket - is that OK to use for trickle charging on a transporter t6.1?
An OBD port usually has a permanent live but it's often not fused very heavily as it's only expecting to power an electronic code reader.

If it's one of the dashboard type ones about the size of a magazine it's unlikely to help very much with the loses behind the windscreen but it's unlikely to harm.

A 5A CTEK or NoCo maintenance charger isn't a lot though, don't trash a £150 battery waiting to save £5.

OK. Looking at the victron ip65 5a plus a cigarette lighter adapter (which is very expensive on amazon).
What about this? Lower power but will do the job, still need the cig adapter though.

Thanks but I have now gone ahead and bought the ip65 5a plus the adapter. Cost me £90 in all but failed to find any offers and waited too long already.

Reactions: CAB
Back