Noise from air box and egr floe fault

This sound?
Explained further down - posts #52, #54, #59
I don’t think this is the same noise. The consistency in rhythm just isn’t there. The noise in this thread sounds more random; less like a pattern. Do you see what I mean? Clip here:

Last edited:
I don’t think this is the same noise. The consistency in rhythm just isn’t there. The noise in this thread sounds more random; less like a pattern. Do you see what I mean? Clip here:
Right, the regular rhythm isn't there but the popping sound is very similar? Let me check my other recordings as I tend to select/post nice and clean samples - to see if I've got also an irregular one.

Meanwhile, if interested and you've got an Android phone - you could try to record engine data about the phenomena. See details in the link below.

This is identical to our T6 noise. Same sort of pattern and everything. Just working out how to get to post #54…
Any further on with this ? I thought that the fuel additive had sorted it but it’s still there, all be it not as prominent as it was before I had my EGR replaced. Could it be the ad blu system ? Seems that a few people experience it but no one seems to know what causes it

Any further on with this ? I thought that the fuel additive had sorted it but it’s still there, all be it not as prominent as it was before I had my EGR replaced. Could it be the ad blu system ? Seems that a few people experience it but no one seems to know what causes it
No further info. Still making the noise. Car is almost at 29k now and noticed this at 26k ish. Booked in for a service soon at a VAG Centre. I’ll ask and report back if there’s anything enlightening.

Back