Operation B14 has commenced

Dont really know the drop but theirs a bit more to go if i want , but we have set it all level and tracked, so i will drop it back in a week after its settled for a check, and adjust height when the rims go on.

I think i can joint team B14s now (+H&R ANTI ROLL BARS) Wow what a difference to drive :thumbsup:

View attachment 7820

Can you be more specific about the differences? I've just taken delivery of my new T6 and the B14 kit is my number one priority when funds allow, but I would really like to understand how it changes the behaviour of the van in more detail (I understand that you have upgraded ARBs though).
Thanks!

Can you be more specific about the differences? I've just taken delivery of my new T6 and the B14 kit is my number one priority when funds allow, but I would really like to understand how it changes the behaviour of the van in more detail (I understand that you have upgraded ARBs though).
Thanks!

Let me run with them for a bit and are see if i can put it into words but that is not my strong point really. I need to drive more and see how it goes :thumbsup:. @DaveyB has had his on a wile now hes good with words ? :)

Had Vmax coilovers on my last T5 which drastically reduced body roll, T6 scares me sometimes on twisty roads, have to remember it's a big van. Had planned to fit B14's straight away to the T6, one year later still on stock suspension.

Let me run with them for a bit and are see if i can put it into words but that is not my strong point really. I need to drive more and see how it goes :thumbsup:. @DaveyB has had his on a wile now hes good with words ? :)
Well thank you very much my darned fine fellow @StudleyGlass (btw get yourself over and entered into the new team I've just set up - you'll know it when you find it).
So back to the question over the differences. @YellowHound, originally this van came to me with stock shocks but 30mm eibachs. Whilst they reduced the body roll experienced from a standard ride height van (as test drive one for a day before purchasing mine) I found they made the ride quite harsh and crash. I only noticed this however when the B14's went on. There is now next to no lateral roll when flicking from bend to bend on country lanes and roundabouts are flattened out. I was expecting the ride to be firm and feel every bump, however very surprisingly it is more forgiving than the eibachs. Don't get me wrong it is not soft, but equally it does not "nod" when you do go over bumps that you see on some seriously lowered vehicles that have to make the shocks rock hard to prevent bottoming out.
The simplest way I can put it is that Mrs DaveyB has commented how much she likes the ride (of the van - come on minds out of the gutter for once), it is just right!

You have made my mind up now. Just got to save the funds. Not happy with the wheel arch gaps and the body roll atm. But didnt want to spend a fortune and regret it.

List to save for.

B14's
Sprtline bumper.
Window tints.

Might be a while...

You have made my mind up now. Just got to save the funds. Not happy with the wheel arch gaps and the body roll atm. But didnt want to spend a fortune and regret it.

List to save for.

B14's
Sprtline bumper.
Window tints.

Might be a while...

Good choice, you won't regret the B14's

Well thank you very much my darned fine fellow @StudleyGlass (btw get yourself over and entered into the new team I've just set up - you'll know it when you find it).
So back to the question over the differences. @YellowHound, originally this van came to me with stock shocks but 30mm eibachs. Whilst they reduced the body roll experienced from a standard ride height van (as test drive one for a day before purchasing mine) I found they made the ride quite harsh and crash. I only noticed this however when the B14's went on. There is now next to no lateral roll when flicking from bend to bend on country lanes and roundabouts are flattened out. I was expecting the ride to be firm and feel every bump, however very surprisingly it is more forgiving than the eibachs. Don't get me wrong it is not soft, but equally it does not "nod" when you do go over bumps that you see on some seriously lowered vehicles that have to make the shocks rock hard to prevent bottoming out.
The simplest way I can put it is that Mrs DaveyB has commented how much she likes the ride (of the van - come on minds out of the gutter for once), it is just right!

Many thanks. The pitching motion of my new T6 is one thing I would like to eradicate.
So, time to start saving for the B14S ;)

Operation not opportunity :) a "B14 op". My wallets empty.
Godamned predictive text strikes again, thanks and post amended. Sorry to hear about the state of your wallet, but there must be a credit card or two that can take a caning if the bank manager won't play ball :rofl:. Sorry but I confused your Gen6 with @JimVee's as I recall he is collecting his tomorrow (Friday).

Back